Thread: Th-400

red
    1998 Z28

Th-400

does anyone know where i could find a good TH-400 trans?... Im looking for a tranny that safely spin at 7 to 8 grand.... Im planning a long term build and im looking for a good tranny

white
    83 mustang coupe

Monster transmissions is your best deal man.

Current best: 10.60/126.8
    1998 Pontiac TA WS6

You can probably find one in the junk yard for dirt cheap. And if your really going to make that much power why not just go powerglide?

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by crossbredfoxbody View Post
    Monster transmissions is your best deal man.
    I had a very l............o.................n.................. ...g problem with them on my 4l60-e They don't belive anything is wrong with thier stuff and you must have done something wrong or it's electrical. Now I know th-400 is not electrical but I had to Freak around with my trans for over 4 months to get it to down shift to 1st and hold 1st gear through to 2nd and then I had to beat on it for 2 more months untill I finaly finished off the sunshell. the sunshell had a defect that left it in 2 large pieces but it only fractued half way the first month I drove it. It was not thier falt that it broke but telling me that there is nothing wrong with the trans and not taking it apart to back up that statement screewed me for almost 8 months. By the way they are an hour up the road from me and I had the car there 2 times and the trans it's self 3 times. Still runs good but DAMN that was some bullshit and they did not cover anything but the trans. So thats 4 filters and about 10 gallons of trans fluid at 30+ bucks a gallon.

red
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 408WS6 View Post
    You can probably find one in the junk yard for dirt cheap. And if your really going to make that much power why not just go powerglide?
    Im just trying to do some research for now.... haha its kinda a long term dream of mine

Thread Information