Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

tci stall questions on tranny

i recently found a great deal on a tci super street fighter 3500 stall convertor that will go right into my car...but my main concern is my car has 120k on it and it is basically stock, and id be worried bout throwing a 3500 stall into it....it doesnt slip, bang or anything, but with a stall hard telling what that might create....ive always wanted a stall, but im worried bout the tranny holding up with the amount of miles it has. or am i just worrying too much? also is it very difficult to install one??

also do i NEED a external cooler for this?? and if so how big of a cooler would i need?

tci's description for the stall:
    This line of performance converters was developed to work with many GM and Ford late model lock-up transmissions. These transmissions can offer many advantages to performance enthusiasts, including lower initial gear ratios and overdrive gear for lower highway rpm and improved mpg. The Super StreetFighter™ lock-up series allows the car owner to have to 4000 rpm stall speeds (depending on application) while still enjoying all the benefits of a mechanical lock-up converter.
    Last edited by SteveCZ28; 03-13-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Artic White
    2002 Camaro Z28

I myself just purchased a TCI SUPER STREET FIGHTER TORQUE CONVERTER PART NUMBER #242932 and TCI GM SFI FLEXPLATE #399753. I have talked to my tuner and already new it but yes you need a extra Transmission Cooler. They are about $60-70 the last one I bought, (just never got around to installing, gave it to my brother in law who was needing it at the time)

Artic White
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by st_cspeer View Post
    I myself just purchased a TCI SUPER STREET FIGHTER TORQUE CONVERTER PART NUMBER #242932 and TCI GM SFI FLEXPLATE #399753. I have talked to my tuner and already new it but yes you need a extra Transmission Cooler. They are about $60-70 the last one I bought, (just never got around to installing, gave it to my brother in law who was needing it at the time)
    Oh and It should be installed next week.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Install it. You'll need to do everything required to remove the tranny, unbolt the old stall, bolt the new one in, and reinstall the tranny. You will definately need to install a tranny cooler also.You will notice a difference. I'd get a tune also, but if you plan on doing any other mods I'd do those first though.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

well i got headers and a ory today. so ill install them, and hopefully buy this stall and put it in and send my ecu to frost to get it tuned for everything at once

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

correction i bought the stall convertor...now just looking for a good cooler for it

Thread Information