Thread: Stall Converter

silver

Stall Converter

Please help me! My friend has a 2500 stall converter in his F-Bod from Midwest Converters. He kicks my butt off the line. Do I need a higher stall to catch him or is 2500 good. I have stock gears and a hot cam.

Daytona yellow
    1996 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Autoslick View Post
    Please help me! My friend has a 2500 stall converter in his F-Bod from Midwest Converters. He kicks my butt off the line. Do I need a higher stall to catch him or is 2500 good. I have stock gears and a hot cam.
    I've got a Midwest 3500 stall nitrous converter and it works great. Along with the new converter I put in some ChemTech racing transmission fluid. Runs cool and shifts firmer than before.

silver

Quote Originally Posted by Chevykid View Post
    I've got a Midwest 3500 stall nitrous converter and it works great. Along with the new converter I put in some ChemTech racing transmission fluid. Runs cool and shifts firmer than before.
    I heard about ChemTech. Where are they or how can I order from them?

Daytona yellow
    1996 Camaro

I heard about ChemTech. Where are they or how can I order from them?
    There website is (edited out non-sponsored link). I have been using their full synthetic ATF and their full synthetic racing oil 5W30 for quite a while now with no complaints.
    Last edited by Cutlass; 09-01-2009 at 05:59 PM.

silver

There website is (edited out non-sponsored link). I have been using their full synthetic ATF and their full synthetic racing oil 5W30 for quite a while now with no complaints.
    I found their web site and talked to Ed. Very knowledgeable. Not the cheapest but quality never is. I will try it in my new converter and report back. Thanks for the tip.

silver

Stall Converter

I found their web site and talked to Ed. Very knowledgeable. Not the cheapest but quality never is. I will try it in my new converter and report back. Thanks for the tip.
    Guys, I installed the Midwest 3000 stall converter. I should have listens to the people that know. Thats you guys. 3500 would have been better. It did cut off a half second over the stock converter though. I might try a 3500-3800. Midwest said they would be glad to exchange it at NO CHARGE. The guy there is great. I think his name is Fred. He told me to use a 3500 and I opted for the 3000. Also, Is it normal to cut off .550 of a second but only gain 4 MPH? Advise please.

silver

Stall converters

Hey , you people at Midwest Converters get your act together. A lot of us LSX guys run your converters so why don't you become a Sponsor of this site? Good people out here. I know it would help guys like me that don't know much about torque converters

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Guys, I installed the Midwest 3000 stall converter. I should have listens to the people that know. Thats you guys. 3500 would have been better. It did cut off a half second over the stock converter though. I might try a 3500-3800. Midwest said they would be glad to exchange it at NO CHARGE. The guy there is great. I think his name is Fred. He told me to use a 3500 and I opted for the 3000. Also, Is it normal to cut off .550 of a second but only gain 4 MPH? Advise please.
    I also have a 3000 stall but its TCI brand. I cut off almost .6 tenths.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

i'm a HUGE fan of AMSOIL. i gained 3 HP to the wheels with just a WIX filter and their 0W-30 fully synthetic signature series.

silver

I used chemtech 5w30 synthetic oil. Amazingly i got 4 or 5 more hp at the wheels and then a retune by corey simmson at simmsoN automotive and found another 11 hp. Things just keep geting better. Maybe the exhuast next, any suggestions.
    Last edited by Autoslick; 10-01-2009 at 02:32 PM. Reason: SPELLING

hugger orange

I used chemtech 5w30 synthetic oil. Amazingly i got 4 or 5 more hp at the wheels and then a retune by corey simmson at simmsoN automotive and found another 11 hp. Things just keep geting better. Maybe the exhuast next, any suggestions.
    do the free mods if you haven't already!
    headers, free flowing exhaust and a retune should get you another nice bump in hp

Thread Information