Black
    Y2K Camero SS

please have 9 week ongoing problem

have LS1/4160e/shift kit/stall/Lot of boltons/cam making power to 6800/3.73,
    having problems with laging wot shifts if over 6000, please advise as to rpm,
    members/drivers are winding to before shifts and if you are having this problem AND how to correct ( tran complete rebuilt/ zpack/ shift kit/??)

please some one /every one offer advice
    Thanks ,Johnny
    Y2K SS (SLP #239)
    Completly STOCK heads/bore/stroke/weight
    & NOTHING else ---is stock
    "NAW-NAW- just a Sunday goto meeting car, my best time is not in the 12's------- any more "
    ps: I am not soliticing work as I am retired
    >>>info on alignments
    http://www.jgruggles.com

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

what do you mean by lagging shifts? if by that you mean its not wanting to shift then you are probrably in need of a rebuild man. Do you have a tranny cooler on it? Before mine when out i would be tapping the rev limiter before it would want to shift because my gears did not want to hold the power under wot. I also had the car just completely kick out of gear. Finally I raised my rev limiter and all that got me was a blown second gear. if its doing what I described then drop your trans pan and chaneg the fluid and filter (since your in there) and check out the fluid in the pan. if it is getting black then you have problems.

Black
    Y2K Camero SS

juiced99ws6 thanks for the reply, trans complete rebuilt 300 miles back, lagged on wot shift after rebuild,( take .02-.05 to complete shift ) I do not know what was installed at rebuild, shift kit , zpack, ??, shop has removed and re enter shell 2-3 times , was some discustion as to how high to wind before shift as this shift kit may lag if shifting over 6 k ??( my cam pull to 6800) what rpm is most drivers winding to ?
    thanks again, Johnny

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

sounds like they need to adjust the shift points. they should have the programs( hp tuners and ls1 edit).
    if they dont, you have to go to texas speed and get it tuned.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by SS SLP2 View Post
    juiced99ws6 thanks for the reply, trans complete rebuilt 300 miles back, lagged on wot shift after rebuild,( take .02-.05 to complete shift ) I do not know what was installed at rebuild, shift kit , zpack, ??, shop has removed and re enter shell 2-3 times , was some discustion as to how high to wind before shift as this shift kit may lag if shifting over 6 k ??( my cam pull to 6800) what rpm is most drivers winding to ?
    thanks again, Johnny
    mine normally goes to 6200 when on the bottle and around 6000 when NA. what kind of power are you pushing.. Sounds more like a mechanical problem to me rather than tuning because if I understand you right your car starts to shift on time but takes some time in order for it to reach the next gear correct? also is this in every gear? maybe a pressure problem or they did a cheap rebuild and your new clutch bands dont have the holding capacity for your power..

Black
    Y2K Camero SS

thanks juiced99ws6
    "if I understand you right your car starts to shift on time but takes some time in order for it to reach the next gear correct?"= correct
    "also is this in every gear?" = at all WOT shifts
    "maybe a pressure problem"=shop has changed the shift kit twice, maker say hidden problem with this kit and SOME 4i60e if shifting above 56-5800, I shift @ 6550 , but lowered to 6 k and still problem, but upgrade installed to correct problem, still have problem, running about 220-230 pressure
    I beleve the tuning is correct, shift time = 000, tm removed,
    please offer any other suggestions
    Thanks again, Johnny

2 parameters must be hit in order to command a shift--1st is the "shift at vehicle speed" and 2nd is the "shift at RPM---both of these must be tuned correcty or you'll have strange things happen--The split on a heavily modded car should be between 800 & 1000 RPMs between the 2 tables--Also check the splits between the upshift and downshift at vehicle speeds--These all affect how and when it will ultimately shift or if it will skip over the shift point at RPM and hit the "in gear" rev limiter.

NBM
    1998Z28

I had my 4L60E rebuilt twice both times with Raybestos Z-Packs and Wide 2-4 bands. And it was rebuilt by different people both been in the busniess for years. The bottom line is don't waste your money on a local rebuild. Do like I did buy you a Stage 2 Performabuilt they are good to 700 rwhp and have a years warranty and best of all they don't require you to send in your old tranny for a core. My tranny only had 3000 miles on it but it wouldn't shift at wot. I got tires of hearing the tranny shop say it was in the tune and the tuner say I don't care if its got only 3,000 miles its the tranny.And IT WAS THE TRANNY!!! So if yours isn't your tranny you can always sell your old 4L60E to one of your friends,However if its like the trouble I had I still have my old tranny with just 3,00 miles on it and I'm sure if you put it in a STOCK camaro or and other low power application it would work fine. I never had any trouble until I started Modifying my motor,yea I got 3:73s and a Vigalante stall too! I just don't think the stock internals can take high HP.

Thread Information