red
    00 z28

looking for trans rebuild kit at least 500hp

my trans is having issues with some chatter from 1st to 2nd and then seems like when the shift time comes for 3rd it doesn't want to go into gear... goes straight to rev limiter... this car is my daily driver i drive it around 120 miles per day... i bought some new tires off of tire rack they are sumitos or something, i cant even spin them, and i think it hooked up really good one time and something happened in the tranny... also broke a trans mount. i think i have about 400 hp right now im running 5 lbs of boost on a vortech centrifugal sc and some random upgrades like fuel shift kit... right now and plan on adding a little bit more so i need a rebuild kit that will take the torture that i plan on putting it through, any suggestions? i have no knowledge on trannys so any and all help is appreciated. someone also told me i need to replace my torque converter also, like i said i have no knowledge on trannys... thanks ahead of time, Jim

blue
    2000ss

The kit while parts do have there importance and place will not get you a trans to handle 500 hp theres much that goes into it in the way of know how just the correct clearance and no they are not the factory clearance. And working the hydraulics just right. If your going to attempt a rebuild of it yourself and know nothing about transmissions I would suggest against it strongly I have seen many try and cost far more than a good built unit by the time they were done.
    You do need to replace the converter, And that could just be stock replacement but I would suggest if you want a bit more GO a performance converter in the 3000 range.
    FREE COOLER/SHIPING, NO CORE OR CHARGE,2YR WARRANTY, CUST TRACK VIDEOS click banner 4 website, CALL or text 570-578-5686 7 days a week 9 am till 10 pm.

red
    00 z28

i am trying to find a kit to rebuild mine, im not trying to do it myself i have a professional lined up i am just trying to see if i can get a better price online if someone here knows nething about trannys.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Again what performabuilt said is true.Whoever rebuilds the transmission needs to know about high performance setting.I have a tansmission guy who rebuilds stock transmission all day long and he says anything over 400 rwhp needs special settings.Beware of those who say they can do it.BUY FROM PERFORMABUILT and save yourself ALOOOOTTT of headaches.Talking from my bad experiances.Michael
    Last edited by mghawk57; 07-03-2008 at 01:41 PM.

Black
    1999 Formula

my tranny took a dump and i bought a stage 2 4L60E from performabuilt with a 3500 stall n i love it, shifts are firm and theres no lag from 1-2 and 2-3 anymore. and also you can send your old core to them for $150

red
    00 z28

so look i am not going to buy a new transmission, does anyone know a good place to order a REBUILD kit for it? i am not worried about putting the parts in correctly all i have to do is find the parts to rebuild it, i have a guy lined up to do it, him and his sons own a total of 5 fbody cars that he has done the trans in ALL, with no problems he is the best in our town. all i need is a good resource for the parts. so that i can save some cash.

Thread Information