red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I think the trans is done.

All last summer i was problems with the tran not shifting right and not high enough. i found that it was the tune that caused that. so after the tune was fixed and the shift points were raised it lasted for a couple months good. then the last time i went to the track last year, it was slipping inbetween shifts. when i got it out this year it was doing the same at high rpm. it slowly got worse and started doing it more. well just yesterday it got really bad. it felt like first was slipping real bad and wouldnt really move and didnt want to shift to second. i tryed shifting it manually to see if that would help and it wouldnt go into second manually at all. this was diving normally not WOT. it seems like i have to give it a little more gas to get it up to higher rpms to shift to second. i was planning on rebuilding it this winter anyway so i guess its not a big deal just broke earlier than i wanted.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

yep its time to open up the trans and rebuild it.

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

just out of curiosity, what do exactly went out on it?

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

sounds like it isn't even shifting to second and skipping second and going to 3rd. can you verify that? If so this is what happens when something breaks as far as a planitary (you will here that though) a sunshell (no reverse, 2nd, or 4th and no lockup in 3rd) an input drum crack or break will cause a slip and also the tab in the drum can break and cause everything to float including the clutch pack. The list goes on and on as well. When they open it up and take it apart they will have a better idea of what might have happened.

Drk Blue
    2000 WS6 T/A Convertible

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a loose input shaft going into the input drum and cracked clutch piston. The crack was large or small enough that at low rpms there wasn't enough pressure (vacuum actuated tranny) to shift but when I kicked up the rpm the pressure built and was enough to shift. Could be a lot of this though.

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JaycenK View Post
    sounds like it isn't even shifting to second and skipping second and going to 3rd. can you verify that? If so this is what happens when something breaks as far as a planitary (you will here that though) a sunshell (no reverse, 2nd, or 4th and no lockup in 3rd) an input drum crack or break will cause a slip and also the tab in the drum can break and cause everything to float including the clutch pack. The list goes on and on as well. When they open it up and take it apart they will have a better idea of what might have happened.
    ya it pretty much seems like it is skipping and going to third. there is more vibration and some noise with it. it also seems like it doesnt want to lockup or shift to OD cruising down the road too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dee View Post
    I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a loose input shaft going into the input drum and cracked clutch piston. The crack was large or small enough that at low rpms there wasn't enough pressure (vacuum actuated tranny) to shift but when I kicked up the rpm the pressure built and was enough to shift. Could be a lot of this though.
    i tryed it with more throttle and it still didnt shift. i though since the trans tables change at wpt that it might work but hit rev limiter and let off.

Drk Blue
    2000 WS6 T/A Convertible

I would say it's time for a tear down.

Thread Information