Black
    1995 trans am

Help!!! Whats wrong with my transmission

my car revs like theres no transmission fluid but there is plenty of fluid in the car. when your on the gas sometimes it will be driving fine but when you let off the gas it bogs down like if you were in low and let off the gas. the guy who just fixed my head-gasket noticed that the fans in my weren't turning on soon enough so my car gets hot....so he said i might need to get the computer checked out didn't know if getting a new computer would fix the transmission not shifting right. ANY INFORMATION WOULD HELP GREATLY!! THANKS!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

So is the car not shifting then?

Please provide more info.

Black
    1995 trans am

it shifts but it will sometimes but at lower speeds when i give it gas it will rev and to like 4000 rpm like its not in gear but then ill let off the gas and drop it in to something lower than drive it will start to move

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

My pump went out and burned up the clutches, sounds like a similar problem...does 1st and 2nd gear work when you manually shift?

Mine did...

hugger orange

1st thing I'd do is a new filter and fluid...it doesn't take much to clog up all those small holes in the pump and valvebody

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Trans is slipping like stated above. you can try the fluid and filter but more than likley it's time to have a trans guy look at it and see if it is rebuild time or something else as for your cooling problems...Thats a stock LT1 tune for ya. Fans in these things don't turn on untill 220 or something? Anyway you can get a tune to fix that or there are several ways you can wire them up to run a manual fan switch but if you use your A/C I would have a tune done. easiest way to do it for a 95 is to do this if you have a laptop or willing to take your computer out to your car. Buy a interface cable from a place like this. http://www.moates.net/aldu1-and-cabl....html?cPath=64 there maybe a sponser that sells them and if so Moderator can you replace the link or post there name please. Then you can oder a tune from some one like this that offers a e-mail tune like this http://www.madtuner.com/index.php?pa...mart&Itemid=26. Ion will give you the software a link to the free trail software and data logger that you need to tune it. I used him for my custom 383 and he nailed it on the head. Again there may be a site sponser that can do this so the Moderator may deleat my links if there is.

Thread Information