Navy Blue
    2002 Firehawk

Fuddle Convertor Fell apart

My Fuddle convertor fell apart after 10,000 Miles.
    it was a 3500 str2.0 The shop said it fell apart and sent metal all through the tranny. it toasted my hole transmission, I had a tranny cooler installed with the convertor at the same time.
    I never raced at a track. I will ever buy Fuddle again. Just wanned to let you guys know. the car has 26,000 miles on it right now.

NBM
    1998 Z-28

That's disappointing to hear

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by firehawk2002 View Post
    My Fuddle convertor fell apart after 10,000 Miles.
    it was a 3500 str2.0 The shop said it fell apart and sent metal all through the tranny. it toasted my hole transmission, I had a tranny cooler installed with the convertor at the same time.
    I never raced at a track. I will ever buy Fuddle again. Just wanned to let you guys know. the car has 26,000 miles on it right now.
    Did you call fuddle? If so what did they say?
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

I'm not sure Fuddle is still around. I bought mine maybe a year ago???? I had some customer service issues and a late delivery. Shortly after there was an issue of it changing hands or something like that. I really haven't followed or payed attention since. But my converter has done as promissed and works great. I went with the HP version, 3400 with 2.1 STR and it hits nice.
    Sorry to hear yours fell apart. Do you know exactly yet what failed??

Did you go with the HP version with the larger clutch assembly??? That's what I bought, it cost a little more at $650 or something like that,,,but figured spending the extra money for piece of mind anyway, I liked the idea of a larger lockup clutch. I know guys that have been running them for a few years without issues,,,maybe yours was a fluke??? Every business has them from time to time. Sorry when it happens to your own car though.

Trans Am owner
    former

that why you should have gottan a P.I. vigilante converter. they are the best.

I dont think that fuddle would pay to rebuild you a new tans, but if they did that would be sweet

Quote Originally Posted by LT1 > LS1 View Post
    that why you should have gottan a P.I. vigilante converter. they are the best.

I dont think that fuddle would pay to rebuild you a new tans, but if they did that would be sweet
    I'd be surprised if any company would pay to rebuild the trans. I've been around the world with TCI on that subject and got no help at all.
    I could bash on AFR too, one of the leading manufactures of cylinder heads. They trashed my motor for a simple cylinder head rookie mistake on their part, but they did nothing for me. Doesn't mean I wouldn't buy AFR heads again though. I just might go about a couple things differently to make sure they don't screw me again.

I like the Precision Industry converters, and that's what I was getting ready to buy when I thought I'd give fuddle a try. Wasn't much price difference $650 for the fuddle verses $750-$800 for the vigilante. So that wasn't really a factor.

Navy Blue
    2002 Firehawk

No, Not really they did say it was a piece of shit, he said it just fell apart he really didnt tell me exactly what went wrong. But I baby it in fact I still have the original tires. I went back to stock its better this way, its a Firehawk.
    I really dont think fuddle would do anything anyways. it was nice to have the first 9,000 miles. lol

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

get what ya pay for.....yanks might be 725+ but they are worth it and will out perform and out customer service most others

No, Not really they did say it was a piece of shit, he said it just fell apart he really didnt tell me exactly what went wrong. But I baby it in fact I still have the original tires. I went back to stock its better this way, its a Firehawk.
    I really dont think fuddle would do anything anyways. it was nice to have the first 9,000 miles. lol
    Hmm, I'd be interested in cutting that apart to see exactly what the problem was.

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    get what ya pay for.....yanks might be 725+ but they are worth it and will out perform and out customer service most others
    I'm not that familiar with Yank but I'm sure they are fine. I'm a Coan person myself. One of the best in the racing industry. They built a converter for my chevelle that has been absolutely beautiful but it was a cool $1,000

And that's for a 400 turbo with no lockup. It would have been my first choice for my 02 camaro but the price only gets higher when you get into all that lockup clutch junk....so I didn't even bother checking. Nothing is too good for the chevelle,,,,but my camaro on the other hand??? It's not top priority when it comes to speed parts and whats the best.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 07-07-2009 at 11:54 AM.

Navy Blue
    2002 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Hmm, I'd be interested in cutting that apart to see exactly what the problem was.
    I thought about. Nothing is gonna change make its not like fuddle would help me out. I'll just move on.

I thought about. Nothing is gonna change make its not like fuddle would help me out. I'll just move on.
    I wouldn't think fuddle would help either. I'm just a curious person and like to find out why things fail on me.
    I blow an engine and I don't just build another, I like to find the failure and the reason why, and make sure it doesn't happen again. Not that it matters so much on a converter,,,I might learn something,,,but that's just me.

Navy Blue
    2002 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I wouldn't think fuddle would help either. I'm just a curious person and like to find out why things fail on me.
    I blow an engine and I don't just build another, I like to find the failure and the reason why, and make sure it doesn't happen again. Not that it matters so much on a converter,,,I might learn something,,,but that's just me.
    I agree but an engine and a converter are different. I think the converter wasnt put together right from the start. So no matter how I drove it was gonna fall apart, I took a chance on Fuddle and paid for it. The reason I bought the Fuddle there was a pack of us here that bought at the same time. I think it was like 25 of us maybe. I was getting a yank before that. But the shop said it was not a good move to put that in. They said they never heard of the company. I am like you if was an engine I would find out what went wrong and make sure it doesnt happen again.

Thread Information