Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Thumbs up FLT Level 5 and SS3600

I just got through the break in on my new FLT Level 5 transmission and Yank SS3600 TC. To say this setup woke the car up would be an understatement. The car flashes up into boost immediately and all the dead spots have been removed. The transmission shifts very comfortably in regular driving and nice and firm under WOT. The ET Streets are overwhelmed all through first gear now. Excellent combination for my application.

I also want to thank Speed Inc. for another quick and professional job as well as guidance on getting the right parts for my setup. Turnaround time was excellent and I always appreciate the customer service there. They have consistently provided sound advice based upon my needs and I look forward to continued business with them in the future.

Overall the car runs great and I couldn't be happier with the performance and the driveability of this setup. I just wanted to share my positive review and humble endorsement for these vendors.
    Last edited by See Me In My GTP; 05-05-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: added signature
    Nick

2002 Trans Am WS6 - 520rwhp
    D1SC @ 10lbs | FLT Level V - SS3600 - ARH 1 3/4" LTs w/ Catted Y-pipe - Corsa - Koni 4/3's - UMI Adj. LCAs and Brackets - UMI 3 Pt. SFC's - UMI PHB - UMI STB - TTM's (17X9, 17X10.5) - M/T ET Streets

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Glad to hear

On a side note - at what RPM do you start making boost?

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Glad to hear

On a side note - at what RPM do you start making boost?
    Thank you, sir!

At WOT I'd say the car gets into boost around 3500rpm or so. If you're not full throttle it seems to want to stay in vacuum a little bit longer. I'll be more scientific about it this evening for you and post up, but I'm comfortable with that estimate. Obviously that has more to do with the BPV than blower efficiency or anything like that.

With the stall it basically gets into boost right off the launch and stays right in the meat of the powerband now. To be honest, if it made any more power lower in the rpms it would be a complete waste because it's smoking the ET's at the top of first gear now as the boost comes on.

By the way, I've been keeping an eye on your build thread. Everything is looking great, I'm really excited to see what your setup puts down. You've gotta be getting pretty anxious by now! All that planning and research will pay off I'm sure.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

35th - Here's a quick taste of what's to come...mind you this was an off-the-cuff FLIP video and I couldn't get the best run off doing this at the same time but I think it gets the point across. I had to let off a bit at the top of 1st gear because it was spinning so much, but enough setup and excuses:

Traction-limited 0 - 100mph in about 10 seconds.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv6eQ3d2Bcs[/ame]

Edit: Oh, and the SS3600 definitely makes it harder to tell exactly when boost comes on because it's flashing up into that range, but even rolling into the throttle I'm getting into boost when the stall hits around 3,000rpms or so. Suffice it to say it comes on plenty early enough, haha.

Last edited by See Me In My GTP; 05-06-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

This thread makes me VERY happy

As you probably know, I don't have a A4, but I can downshift just the same. From what I seen over on Tech, people were started to make boost around between 2500-3000RPM. Probably closer to 3K.

I have a 4.11 gear, so I am sure traction will be an issue for me in 1st. I do have my suspension pretty fine tuned though so hopefully it won't be that terrible

Anyway, thanks for the post and the vid. I'm sure you're really enjoying that thing! Maybe sometime over the summer if you're going to the track or something we can meet up!

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

This thread makes me VERY happy

As you probably know, I don't have a A4, but I can downshift just the same. From what I seen over on Tech, people were started to make boost around between 2500-3000RPM. Probably closer to 3K.

I have a 4.11 gear, so I am sure traction will be an issue for me in 1st. I do have my suspension pretty fine tuned though so hopefully it won't be that terrible

Anyway, thanks for the post and the vid. I'm sure you're really enjoying that thing! Maybe sometime over the summer if you're going to the track or something we can meet up!
    I'm sure you're going to be very happy with your setup, and with the FMIC and M6 it should put some really nice numbers down. 4.11's seem like a lot of gear at the power you should be making, but if you're setup to hook it will be an absolute rocket. My humble guess would be high 10's with traction.

I'd be happy to get the cars together and have an A4 vs M6 D1 "showdown", haha. I'm admittedly not a track veteran but I'd love to get some passes in to see what the new 60' and quarter times will be with the recent upgrades. I made it through tech at Route 66 with just a helmet last summer, so fingers crossed. We'll have to keep in touch and figure out a Test&Tune or cruise that works.

Given the significant increases in both steps of these upgrades, I can't even imagine what the car will be like going to that power level in a prepped M6.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Definitely will be in touch. Do you always go to Rt 66? Ever been down to US41? Rt66 is a little more of a hike for me, but I have been there a dozen times or so before. I'm no track junkie though by far. I maybe have 20 passes under my belt over the last 10 years

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Definitely will be in touch. Do you always go to Rt 66? Ever been down to US41? Rt66 is a little more of a hike for me, but I have been there a dozen times or so before. I'm no track junkie though by far. I maybe have 20 passes under my belt over the last 10 years
    Ha, we're in the same boat then! I haven't been to US41 - it looks like it's about 72 miles, so a bit of a hike, but some friends and I had been talking about a pilgrimage to Three Floyds Brewery in Indiana this summer, so maybe I consolidate the trip into one shot. I go to Route 66 because it's the closest. I love the facility, but it's always really crowded and probably more expensive than most tracks to run at.

On a side note, I ran into an opportunity I couldn't miss yesterday and suffice it to say:

WS6: 1
    Porsche 911 Turbo: 0

(Although it was a very close one - That car is absolutely no joke.)

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by See Me In My GTP View Post
    Ha, we're in the same boat then! I haven't been to US41 - it looks like it's about 72 miles, so a bit of a hike, but some friends and I had been talking about a pilgrimage to Three Floyds Brewery in Indiana this summer, so maybe I consolidate the trip into one shot. I go to Route 66 because it's the closest. I love the facility, but it's always really crowded and probably more expensive than most tracks to run at.

On a side note, I ran into an opportunity I couldn't miss yesterday and suffice it to say:

WS6: 1
    Porsche 911 Turbo: 0

(Although it was a very close one - That car is absolutely no joke.)
    Nice!

It looks like you are about the same distance from US41 as I am to RT66. I only go to US41 because the rules there are a little less stern.

Three Floyds Brewery is about 20 minutes from my house. If you've never been, it is well worth the trip IMO. I've been several times as I love microbrew myself.

They are finally starting to distribute their beers into restaurants and grocery stores now. I don't know if you've ever had any of their beer, but it is some pretty good stuff.

They have a selling get together every year. Their beer is sold out within hours and they make a lot of it. Many people go there from all over the US.

Thread Information