green with blue comeleon
    2000 trans am

Angry death of my bird

1ST PROBLEM
    (I was havening problems with my torque converter bolts coming lose i thought it was a spun bearing so i pulled motor found out it was only the flex plate and bolts coming loose that made it have the knocking sound. so i fixed the flex plate and put thread lock on the bolts then put the motor back in then.)

AFTER MOTOR WAS PUT BACK IN
    -After i put the motor back in it the car was driving fine all day until later that night, i was driving it when it started acting funny, so i pulled over and it died, i checked the oil and could not get a good reading so i put about 2 1/2 quarts in the car,

-After that i tried 2 cranked it, but it kept dieing so i put it in neutral and revved it up so it would not die again, then i dropped it in gear and it started knocking hurably from the transmission/back off motor area.

-Then white smoke was poring out from under my car, and the check engine light started flashing, after that it sounded like some bolts came loose followed by a big black cloud of smoke that came out from under my car and everything turned off no power.

-I tried to drop it to neutral and start it,but only made a grinding noise so i tried to give it gas like before but nothing happed,

-so i coasted to a stop and i checked fluids i still had oil, but it was a little bit over full from the 2 1/2 quarts i put in it earlier, but there was no trany fluid.

-i think i burned up my trany.
    -Any 1 have any ideas. ????
    -Now when i try to crank it just makes a grinding sound i think the flex plate might be broken to.
    Last edited by 0utLawTransAm; 08-25-2007 at 12:36 PM. Reason: :drivin::rl:

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Start by checking the engine code. Is the grinding sound your starter not engaging the flexplate correctly? Or is the starter turning the motor over and something else is grinding?

Your flexplate could have been cracked. I had one like that and it would back out the bolts and rattle at higher RPMs. You'll have to get down there to see the condition of it yourself, and probably remove it for inspection.

green with blue comeleon
    2000 trans am

im trying to find a way to get it towed home right now it just 2 miles down the street lol when i get it home im going to pull the trany and see i think it is the starter tho makeing the grinding sound

Thread Information