Complete rebuild kit

This will be the fourth transmission in my 1996 Suburban. Can any body tell me what complete rebuild kit I should order that would make it bullet proof? This is not a hi performance truck just stock. No towing just to and from work. The last two times I brought it to a reputable shop the first lasted 18 months the 2nd lasted 30k

blue
    2000ss

Theres more to building a 4l60e than just the parts if you not doing any towing substantially about any kit on the market should do fine .What was your transmission doing before it died and do you know if all the proper valve body and pump updates were done?
    Last edited by mrr23; 11-26-2006 at 04:50 PM. Reason: removed link to website. please contact ed blown vert for sponsor information

It does't shift into third just slips. They tolds me they installed the up dated valve body. I not shure about the rest of the parts. Just to let you know there is no service lights on.

blue
    2000ss

Well that would indicate the 3-4 clutch is fried , whoever you have to build it or get one from , there are many vendors on here and other places who can give you a quality trans ,Make sure it has at least a 9 friction 3rd or a z pack , for the 3-4 clutch , But as I said earlier its easily as much the person building it as it is the parts used , Anyone can just throw parts in but knowing how to make them work together is a different story
    Last edited by mrr23; 11-26-2006 at 04:51 PM. Reason: removed link to website. please contact ed blown vert for sponsor information

Car and Truck Trans Tech
    Personally I don't believe in the zpack or the 9 clutch alto setup. MO the steel plates are much to thin and do not release the heat. This causes them to bend and slip. I have been building performance units for more than a few years and at a few different shop's. This has allowed me to test many different products and find the problems with most of them. In my units they rarely come back because of a burnt clutch pack.Then again I only build HP units and something is usually broke not smoked. It sounds like you need to change builders and go with one that can dyno test your unit before you recieve it. Vince

Thread Information