Midnight Blue
    Firebird NHRA Stocker

7.5 10 bolt strength

Hello Everyone, I have a question for those of you who have drag raced their LS-1's on a regular basis. I race a 67 396 Camaro in NHRA Stock Eliminator but have no real experience with the 98 and up F-Bodies. I picked up 2 B4C Camaro's with auto's within the last year and plan on running one in the weekly Street ET class at our local track. The car is Stock with the exception of a Loudmouth 2 exhaust and the SLP Power Tuner along with the SLP Air Lid. I'm thinking of going to a 3.70 gear. My question is, Do you think the stock rear will hold up? Anyone have C-Clip problems? I plan on putting a set of DOT slicks on. I'm kind of an Old timer but just really enjoy the new stuff. Heck I may even build a NHRA LS-1 Stocker if all goes well. Thanks in advance for any info you all can help out with.
    Last edited by stocker67; 01-22-2006 at 09:58 AM.

Red
    2000 T/A WS6

If you stay stock, it'll fit the bill till you put the slicks on it. Then it's just a ticking time bomb. I'd suggest saving up for a 12-bolt or Ford 9". MUCH stronger.

nc98z
    They say a 12 bolt chevy rearend will work the best with the a4 and if you got a 6 speed manual the ford 9 inch is the way to go

These 10 bolts are really weak. They are fine for driving around town but thats about it. I have seen too many of them break at the track.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i popped my motor before the rear. still have the ten bolts in both cars. only change is to the 3.73 gears in both of them. and i am using mickey thompson ET Streets.

and yeah i've heard of those special people that break stock rear ends with stock motors. that just means they were doing something wrong.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

21k posts ;)
    Former holder of over

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23
    and yeah i've heard of those special people that break stock rear ends with stock motors. that just means they were doing something wrong.
    I'm still on a stock 10 bolt (3.23s) and have numerous 1.6 and high 1.5 sixty foot launches on BFG and Mickey Thompson drag radials.
    Stock internal motor/automatic with bolt ons only of course, with a 6 speed (and/or lots more power) your chances would be greater of breaking it.
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4, black - 11.86@113.62
    2006 Corvette, 6 speed automatic, Velocity Yellow - 12.21@115.45 (best MPH - 115.91)
    World's quickest bone stock Corvette LS2 and quickest bone stock automatic Corvette ever?
    Now after some bolt ons and Cartek tuning - 10.9@125.4mph

Thread Information