red
    1995 z28 camaro

4l60e help please

have a 4l60e that does not like to shift from 1 to 2 hit wot and hit
    rev limit then doesnt want to shift if you feather gas it will shift has all gears and they seem fiine also new 2600 stall w/383 motor any help would be great

blue
    2000ss

well my first guess would be a throttle position sensor or tune , but the best move to make is to have it scanned and the data stream read to see if the pcm is actually comanding the shift ,
    performabuilt

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

I Have Felt This In D But Not In O.d. I Have Seen Other Posts About Not Using Drive And Leaving It In O.d.

Silver
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

My car does the same thing. Like on the highway at 40-50ish I think it would be a 3-2 downshift? The car tries to downshift RPM's go up but its like the cars bogging almost like traction control is on. When the RPM's go up they come right back down and the car wont go anywhere. From a stop if you let it go through all the gears it shifts fine. Fluid doesnt show any signs of tranny going south.....any ideas?

red
    1995 z28 camaro

on my car i found out it is the 2nd gear band is fried. i guess thats what happens when you make a 383 stoker and try to to second gear burn outs!!! i found out a lot of info buy getting a code scanner go to your local auto parts store and ask them to do a code scan it should help you on your quest!!!!

Metallic Red
    2002 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by keyman6868 View Post
    rev limit then doesnt want to shift if you feather gas it will shift has all gears and they seem fiine also new 2600 stall w/383 motor any help would be great
    You shouldn't be hitting the rev limiter with an automatic. You need to get it tuned. The rev limiter and shaft points are all set (and controlled) through the ECM.
    The Throttle Position Sensor controls when the transmission shifts based on % of TPS. The 'wide open throttle' (100%) shifts are set up differently from 'regular' shifts which are usually 12, 25, and 50% of TPS. These settings also differ depending on rear-end gears. The line pressures can vary from 53-227PSI depending on Pressure Control Solenoid Current (Amps).
    It sounds like under 'normal' operating conditions (part throttle) everything is fine, but under 'wide open throttle' is where the problems start. The two easiest things to check is to make sure all the wires from the TPS to the ECM and to the trans all look good (connections) and I assume that is a fairly new/rebuilt trans that has a new filter and fluid and is full. I'm not sure if you can pick this up on LS1 Edit or whatever tuning program you're using, but if all else fails get your local dealer to check it with their Tech2 and diagnose the problem. Good luck. Stuff like this can be really frustrating.
    Michael
    In GA waving from '02 C5 LS1, Z51, D1SC, 60lb injectors,RPM level 5-4L60E, 3:42, Yank 3600, QA1-12 ways, MTI long headers, high flow cats, Borlas, Wilwood, 603rwhp, 542rwtq.(DynoJet 248-C) 10.89@127.57 on street tires, Race Weight 3,640 lbs

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

It is a tune issue no doubt. I just went through and am continuing fine tuing the shift points on the new 4L65E...shift points are also critical in your air fuel ratio as too low lugs the motor and richens the shit out of it....

Car and Truck Trans Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by keyman6868 View Post
    As other members have said that either the band is hurt or you need to tune it. Your new stall is what is probably causing this. Try lowering the 1-2 shift rpm's or mph and it should cure it. Good luck Vince.

Red
    2000 SS

Quote Originally Posted by SSTODD View Post
    I Have Felt This In D But Not In O.d. I Have Seen Other Posts About Not Using Drive And Leaving It In O.d.
    I wouldn't think that would matter, I thought having the car in OD is the same as D but obviously the OD allows the car to shift into 4th where in D, the car won't shift beyond 3rd.

Thread Information