Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

1st to second gear slipping

Months and months ago my trans started to slip from first to second. Eventually i wasnt able to accelerate completely, i had to let off the gas to get it to skip second gear and go into 3rd. Well i ended up blowing that transmission. So i bought a new one from AFS Transmission out of Traverse city. Good guys. I bought a 4l60E with a 3000 stall converter to match and a summit cooler. Heres my problem. First day the trans was great. Everything was as it should. Second day i started to notice a slip between first and second again. Sure enough, days later, im back where i started. The transmission is throwing a "P0752 Shift Solenoid A Stuck On" code. It wasnt throwing that code until i put the new transmission in. I had a professional install the trans, and i have no doubt in the new transmission since my stock one was doing the same shit. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

This is the main problem with buying a tranny one place and then getting another guy to do the install-its like pissing in the wind alot of times. I got lucky-a tranny shop in my town builds 4l60's for 700+HP and gaurantees them for 3 years-even if you race.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    This is the main problem with buying a tranny one place and then getting another guy to do the install-its like pissing in the wind alot of times. I got lucky-a tranny shop in my town builds 4l60's for 700+HP and gaurantees them for 3 years-even if you race.
    Right, but like i said though, it was doing it with my stock trans. Since it happened before the install, this leads me to believe its something outside the trans. Aside from the original problem, this new trans is rock solid. I was very impressed the first day i had it out. I didnt beat on it, but it was the first time in almost 8 months i could actually hold down the gas through all the gears lol.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by 01RaptorTA View Post
    Right, but like i said though, it was doing it with my stock trans. Since it happened before the install, this leads me to believe its something outside the trans. Aside from the original problem, this new trans is rock solid. I was very impressed the first day i had it out. I didnt beat on it, but it was the first time in almost 8 months i could actually hold down the gas through all the gears lol.
    Sorry man-I somehow misunderstood. Have you figured anything out? Can the guy that installed it not determine what may be wrong? I would disconnect the battery for 10 minutes-then reconnect to clear the cpu. Worth a shot just to see what happens. If nothing put a new selonoid in it-should only have to drop the pan to do that.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

It's cool dude. I havnt figured anything out yet. I reset the comp already to clear a misfire code, so that's been done. I figured it was a solenoid but how could a solenoid go bad after only 60k the first time, and 24 hours the second time? I've called the remanufacturer and left message, but havn't gotten anything back yet. I want to make sure this isnt a common problem he can quickly resolve instead of having my mechanic rip it all apart and diagnose ya know?

Thread Information