Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XS Headers

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Formula WS6

XS Headers

I was reading about these headers on another forum and was wondering if anyone had any feedback here about them.

I am debating between the XS, Pacesetter, OBX, and possibly Hookers.

As with any header, it appears fittment is an issue across the board.

My mods are mininmal, intake, exhaust, will be adding new MSD wires and either NGK or Iridum plugs when I do the install. Not much else besides that, just descreened the MAF, woopty doo.

The consensus is Pacesetters for the price-value, just lookin for a little feedback, thanks guys.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

Quote Originally Posted by cocheesews6 View Post
    I was reading about these headers on another forum and was wondering if anyone had any feedback here about them.

I am debating between the XS, Pacesetter, OBX, and possibly Hookers.

As with any header, it appears fittment is an issue across the board.

My mods are mininmal, intake, exhaust, will be adding new MSD wires and either NGK or Iridum plugs when I do the install. Not much else besides that, just descreened the MAF, woopty doo.

The consensus is Pacesetters for the price-value, just lookin for a little feedback, thanks guys.
    I have heard pacesetters dont last but two years and hooker are great. personally i have obx and love them-although i dont like the clamps they supply and my steering bolt hit but that was an easy fix....if you no how to post videos i can try to video them i have them with slp lm1 although it sounds a more high pitch on video...

Red
    2000 SS

I have pacesetter and they were cake to install. The coated ones should last a while. I know people who have had them on for a couple of years with no problems yet.

2000 SS M6 #5445 - 13k miles
    SLP Lid, Pacesetter LT's/ORY, SLP dual/dual catback, QTP cutout, Hurst w/ WS6 store SS

Silver

as for the pacesetters ....maybe it was were they lived..weather there who knows

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Formula WS6

My first decision was to go w/ the Pacesetters because of all the good things I have heard, minus the rubbing here, cut that there, overall sounded good.

But then I was readin up on these new XS Stainless Steel Headers made out of 321 Stainless Steel, looked really, really good and the whole set-up is only $600. The Pacesetter is $500 for Ceramic Coated which in about 5 to 10 years turns to garbage, dpending upon where you live like you mentioned earlier.

To be honest, all I know is I have stock manifolds and Y-pipe, but no clue on the exhaust after, I know it's aftermarket w/ a cut out at the muffler.

Red
    2000 SS

I didn't have to cut anything or have any rubbing anywhere on with my PS LT's. Could be because my car only has 13k on it though too.

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

The Pacesetter is $500 for Ceramic Coated.
    http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=184&catid=45

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Formula WS6

$500. Yeah, that was including the Y and accessories, thanks for the link, I will mark it.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

XS headers are great ( I got em) but there y pipe is a complete pos. If you're gonna run duals or can have a custom y fabricated then I'd say go XS.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

OBX and XS power is the same company. Not sure on the T/A but my buddy baught a turbo manifold xs and it cracked in about 2 weeks. So If I see anything xs or OBX I usually steer clear of. They usually crack in the welds, Might could buy a set and re-weld them and it be fine.

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Formula WS6

Quote Originally Posted by GNICTRY View Post
    I have heard pacesetters dont last but two years and hooker are great. personally i have obx and love them-although i dont like the clamps they supply and my steering bolt hit but that was an easy fix....if you no how to post videos i can try to video them i have them with slp lm1 although it sounds a more high pitch on video...
    You could try posting to you-tube and then copy the link. I saw a deal on the OBX on ebay, are your stainless steel? Did you install yourself or have some help? How long have you had them on?

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Formula WS6

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    XS headers are great ( I got em) but there y pipe is a complete pos. If you're gonna run duals or can have a custom y fabricated then I'd say go XS.
    How long have you had them? I was gonna run the ORY, lookin to install myself, I already have an aftermarket muffler w/ cutout on, came w/ the car when I bought it.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

i have XS there Great!!!
    M6, Lid, Ported and Polished Throttle Body (By Me!), LT, Custom Catted Y, Electric Cutout, PHB, LCA13.21@108 with a 2.3 60'

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Formula WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ApexVIII View Post
    i have XS there Great!!!
    Did you get their ORY, what is your set-up after that, any pics?

Silver

You could try posting to you-tube and then copy the link. I saw a deal on the OBX on ebay, are your stainless steel? Did you install yourself or have some help? How long have you had them on?
    Mine are the one from ebay, yes they are stainless steel, my boyfreind installed them, and i have had them for about 3 months. Ill try to do the video tonight when i home.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

How long have you had them? I was gonna run the ORY, lookin to install myself, I already have an aftermarket muffler w/ cutout on, came w/ the car when I bought it.
    I've had em on for about a year and a half. Their y pipe usually rests against the drivers side floor of the car. Not just bangs the floor occasionally, rests against it constantly. There's threads all over LS1 Tech about it. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=777385
    This is what we had to do to my TSP y pipe to make it fit.

Notice the bend down after the collector. The XS Y is straight and needs to have a bend there. Some have used the Jet Hot Y pipe with better results than the XS y as the Jet Hot y bends there too.
    Few pics of the headers:

Silver

here is my car at the track...i have pictures of the headers them selves and some from the top view but none from underneath yet...

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Formula WS6

Nice, sounded good, thanks for the link, I am gonna go w/ the Pacesetters, seems like majority of people are happy with them and the are perfecting the application more. I appreciate all the feedback, thanks guys and gals!

Yeah, went to the track and was running shit! Could not break 14 sec, 5 consistent runs between 14.08 and 14.21, pretty good R/T times,considering I was on a full tank of gas and had my 19's on.
    Same time last year I was running 13.5's, so let the modding begin, here's my list

LT Headers w/ ORY
    MSD Wires
    NGK 55TR plugs (have not touched these since buying the car)
    Underdrive Pulley
    P & P Throttle Body
    Remove AIR
    Remove EGR
    Short Shifter
    Rear Spring Mod
    Stock WS6 rims /w racing tires
    And possibly more if I find the $$$$$$

Hoping to be in the 12's with this, not ready for the cam yet, one day though, one day!

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Did you get their ORY, what is your set-up after that, any pics?
    i have a Jet hot Y pipe with small Pepsi can size cats that i took out and put in larger cats lol

LS1 Noob

Red
    2000 WS6

I have the XS headers and like them a lot. I also have their Y-pipe and had to have a turn down welded into it. It looks just like INMY01TA's setup. I also had two Thunderbolt cats welded into it. Works like a charm.

Marc

Thread Information