pewter
    99 Trans Am

Question Will my long tubes drag?

I want to abb long tubes on my TA And had planed to make them a Xmas presrnt to myself this year,but I need to know if the long tubes will drag on my way in or going out of my driveway.I ask this because there is a small hump just as I start in or out of my driveway.The car is at it's normal height,so will I have need to worry? Don't want to put them on and I can;t get the car in or out the yard without dragging the headers.There is about two inches when I start over the hump.How much lower will the headers hang then the stock pipes? thanks for any info..

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

You will be fine. Just do not buy SLP headers. They hang the lowest out of all of them. I have my car lowered 1.5" and i am running pacesetter and I have never scraped them.

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Street Fighter View Post
    I want to abb long tubes on my TA And had planed to make them a Xmas presrnt to myself this year,but I need to know if the long tubes will drag on my way in or going out of my driveway.I ask this because there is a small hump just as I start in or out of my driveway.The car is at it's normal height,so will I have need to worry? Don't want to put them on and I can;t get the car in or out the yard without dragging the headers.There is about two inches when I start over the hump.How much lower will the headers hang then the stock pipes? thanks for any info..
    Just take the hump at an angle and you should be fine.

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

I have Pacesetter Ceramic long tubes on mine and have plenty of clearence. I have a huge bump getting into my driveway as well and have no problems at all. They are almost the same as having a stock set up. My elcamino has Hooker Super compition and drag everytime a grain of sand is in the road.
    I would recomend the Pacesetters for your car, some of the easiest to install, good ground clearence and the price can't be beat.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

pewter
    99 Trans Am

Thank you all for the info.I do plan to get the pacesetters and now that I know that there will be no problem with them, I will be getting them and putting them on during my off time in Dec. Like I said this will be my Xmas gift to myself.

Thread Information