2000 Trans Am

What ORY is best for me?

Well here is the problem. I am currently running SLP Loudmouth 1 on my 2000 trans am. I live in Southern California, so emissions is a bitch! And I don't want to run headers because I think that it would be a little too loud for my taste. So here is the question, what ORY gives the best performance and will fit to stock headers and Loudmouth exhaust? And is it really worth the money to change? Thanks for the help, and any info would be great ~Chris
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro Z28

I think many are of the opinion that the 5-or-so HP you gain from just a Y-pipe isn't worth the $200. If emissions is your biggest concern, go for it. The tone will change just a bit, and you might gain a few more horse, but I can related to the emissions concerns. If you aren't willing to chance LTs, go with something like this if you feel the need. I think your money would be better spent on a high stall converter though. I have a Yank SS3800 and with 3.23s, SLP lid, Borla, tranny tune, DRs, some rear suspension stuff, and a race weight of 3900 lbs., I ran 12.6 @ 108 with a 1.6X 60'. No, they aren't great numbers, but considering I was banging off the rev' limiter at the top of second, I think that's not bad for the mods'. My point is, a stall and DRs will net you a bigger gain than LTs, let alone just the addition of a bigger Y-pipe through OEM manifolds. Shorties probably won't net you too much more than the Y-pipe change over the newer manifolds that your car already has.

IMHO, consider what your goals are and what you're willing to give-up. If you just want to go fast and remain emissions legal, put the $$$ toward a stall and good tranny tune. If you want a little more speed, way better sound, and give up emissions, go LTs and a tune. I've done both and would give up my LTs before I'd give up my stall.

Good luck

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Loudmouth 1 and ory sounds rediculously loud. I wouldn't do that.

black
    1999 T/A

Ory??

if your worried about emissions why would you get an ORY (off road y pipe)? this delets your cats.

Thread Information