black
    1999 camaro SS

what lid to use with TSP 100mm MAF?

I'm in the process of buying parts for my build (very slow process.....). I've got a profesional products 96mm intake, jantzer 95mm TB and I'm looking at the TSP 100mm MAF. my question is, what lid/CIA will fit this MAF. I know FTP makes a lid but is that my only option? or is there some sort of reducer coupler to use other air filters?

White
    1998 Trans Am

Here's the one I used ! Got mine for 69.00 !!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...Q5fAccessories

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

be warned that tuning for that maf will be a pain in the lower rpm tables ..frost explained it too me ...

"The card style LS3/7 MAFs are very noisy down low. In late model PCMs the filtering is designed around; it's not in our cars. They can be a real headache down low. If you go this route, it needs to be tuned by wideband but depending on how it's mounted, it could be kind of miserable. "

silver
    2000 formula

sounds like a SD tune is in order

black
    1999 camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    be warned that tuning for that maf will be a pain in the lower rpm tables ..frost explained it too me ...

"The card style LS3/7 MAFs are very noisy down low. In late model PCMs the filtering is designed around; it's not in our cars. They can be a real headache down low. If you go this route, it needs to be tuned by wideband but depending on how it's mounted, it could be kind of miserable. "
    I don't know what you mean by "wide band". are you talking about O2 sensors?

black
    1999 camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by sjsingle1 View Post
    sounds like a SD tune is in order
    what is an SD tune?

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by xmarkx View Post
    I don't know what you mean by "wide band". are you talking about O2 sensors?
    yes a wideband O2 sensor ..oem is a narrow band.

98' trans am

what is an SD tune?
    SD stands for speed density tune. it is a different way of parameters for the car...SD does not use the MAF and relyies on a array of other sensors to adjust the fueling etc.

i believe however you dont NEED a SD tune. I wouldnt get one until you have everything you need for the build. i would think a nice 85mm maf and a really good tune is all you need

black
    1999 camaro SS

SD stands for speed density tune. it is a different way of parameters for the car...SD does not use the MAF and relyies on a array of other sensors to adjust the fueling etc.

i believe however you dont NEED a SD tune. I wouldnt get one until you have everything you need for the build. i would think a nice 85mm maf and a really good tune is all you need
    if I have a 96mm intake and 95mm TB, isn't using a 85mm maf going to restrict the amount of air that those parts are capable of flowing? I also will be using P&P 243's, TRex, and 1.75" longtubes into 3" dual exhaust with no cats. I don't think 100 maf is overkill.. I could be wrong but I think if I can get it tuned just right, this set up should make good power. if an 85mm maf is better for my needs then I will go that route, I'm just not sure it is.

98' trans am

if I have a 96mm intake and 95mm TB, isn't using a 85mm maf going to restrict the amount of air that those parts are capable of flowing? I also will be using P&P 243's, TRex, and 1.75" longtubes into 3" dual exhaust with no cats. I don't think 100 maf is overkill.. I could be wrong but I think if I can get it tuned just right, this set up should make good power. if an 85mm maf is better for my needs then I will go that route, I'm just not sure it is.
    you are correct....in general anything in front of the intake mouth that is smaller will be a restriction...however most of these aftermarket TBs advertise the O.D instead of the I.D so you buy a 95mm and the I.D is 85mm or such..if you get a good tune with a 85mm or 75mm maf you will only gain 3-8rwhp on a new bigger mm maf. so if you want to spend 200-300 for 8rwhp then go for it.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Speed Density tune might not be a bad idea with that cam

black
    1999 camaro SS

you are correct....in general anything in front of the intake mouth that is smaller will be a restriction...however most of these aftermarket TBs advertise the O.D instead of the I.D so you buy a 95mm and the I.D is 85mm or such..if you get a good tune with a 85mm or 75mm maf you will only gain 3-8rwhp on a new bigger mm maf. so if you want to spend 200-300 for 8rwhp then go for it.
    I'm gonna double check that theory because when I got my TB I matched it up to my intake and the openings matched up almost perfect like they should. I'm going to get some calipers and measure the inside diameter.

black
    1999 camaro SS

calipers do not lie! TB is 95mm ID as advertised and intake is 96mm also as advertised. soooooo that being proven, I don't see how it makes sense to use a maf that is 10mm smaller. granted 10mm isn't that big of a difference BUT, if I am now going to go to the trouble of porting my stocker or paying for a brand new 85mm maf, why wouldn't I spend 100 or so more for a maf that at least in size comes closer to matching my other parts?

Thread Information