sebring silver
    2000 z28

Wanting better quarter mile times

I am very happy with my stock 2000 z28. It ran 13.5 @104 mph at gateway international raceway. I have already ordered the slp cold intake system (25 horrsepower over stock) is this true because if it is i should be able to run 13.3 or 13.2 , i want to get into the low 12s or high 11s, with bolt ons. also is the ls6 intake really worth it 12 hp claimed,

this guy in town has an old foxbody mustang that ran 11.8 on the strip and about 12.2 on the street TRUTH? i dont know , but i do want to blow his doors off

should intake, headers, full exhaust, msd ignition coils, 3.73 gears and som 11 inch wide corvette style wheels do it , or should i also get a cam, let me know what you anyone out there has done to their cars and what gains they have acheived.

Oh has anyone dyno tested the tornado or spiral max, because they have a site where an ls1 trans am gain 41 horsepower and 2 miles per gallon, I want to see dyno runs if possible i am very skeptic. it seems like it would work be mixing up the air for better atomization, but wouldn't it cause restrictions in the air intake and reduce performance, thats why i need to see dyno test by real people, no BS

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

the LS6 intake is the read deal. So is the SLP CAI. tornado = Zmax = rip off. Yeah sure, you get a nice purdy vortex in a clear tube when you put a small vacume to it. But that thing will be nothing more than a choke when you try to pull the amount of CFMs a LS1 needs. MSD coils are not necessary on a N/A stock compression LS1; they're very low bang for the buck. Get a cam, all the bolt ons and some drag radials. Show that foxbody what your taillight look like from a distance.

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

slp cai isn't gonna get you 25 hp. you should research before you buy stuff. The only real power added is the lid....and you'll get roughyl 5-10whp from it. You don't need 11 inch tires because if they are on a low power tire..they aren't gonna hook aswell. you should buy some slicks for a 15 or 16 inch wheel, but keep in mind that your rear could break if you do that. is your car a m6 or a4? lt headers and a decent cam with the driver mod could get you there. How much if your budget and do you have money just in case shit breaks?

edit. ps...the tornado is the biggest pos ever made. how are you gonna get more power by putting a restriction in the intake? search more..there are plenty of threads saying the tornado is crap.
    Last edited by BrandonDrecksage; 04-23-2006 at 05:35 AM.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

the slp power pack is a waste.
    just get the airbox lid. ls6 intake is good.
    now if youre an auto, get a stall converter.
    get headers, orp, and an exhaust.
    i cam kit of youre choice and some nitto tires will easily put you in the high 11s with everything above.
    its very very possible that stang is runnin 11s, it depends what was done to it.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

sebring silver
    2000 z28

thankx for the info

again thankx for the info, i know what i need to do to my car now, i will post a kill story when i blow the doors off of that foxbody mustang

I got the SLP lid, cai and smooth bellow. it netted about 5-6rwhp al together.The Hypertech Programmer 3 is so so as well. 4-5rwhp at most.
    the LT H & Y pipe will give you upto 25rwhp, also a nice catback 10-15rwhp.
    then move on to LS6 intake manifold, heads & cam kit, 3.73 gears, and a good stall convertor ( if you frequent the strip a lot) if not I would just get the gears 3.73 for A4 and 4.11 for M6...
    and ultimately, get a Vortech with the aftercooler that alone will give you 450rwhp as stock car.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    I got the SLP lid, cai and smooth bellow. it netted about 5-6rwhp al together.The Hypertech Programmer 3 is so so as well. 4-5rwhp at most.
    the LT H & Y pipe will give you upto 25rwhp, also a nice catback 10-15rwhp.
    then move on to LS6 intake manifold, heads & cam kit, 3.73 gears, and a good stall convertor ( if you frequent the strip a lot) if not I would just get the gears 3.73 for A4 and 4.11 for M6...
    and ultimately, get a Vortech with the aftercooler that alone will give you 450rwhp as stock car.
    Hey did you attend the F-Body show at the Texas State Fair this year?
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

nah man, I was at the state fair but didn't know there's a Fbody show.
    I went on a Sunday, the regular car show and rock band deal.. I read up just today that the new camaro was showcased so I guess I missed the opportunity. arrrhhhh. did you?

Black
    1998 Trans am

My 98 TA ran 14.00's-13.90's totally stock. My best this fall was 13.23 and the only mods were a lid, a Vigilante 3200 torque converter and BFG drag radials. The converter alone was worth .4 sec. I think this is the most ET you can gain for under $1000.00, except for Nitrous of course.

JOSEY FUCKING WALES! Frankthetank's Avatar

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SGTGearHead View Post
    Show that foxbody what your taillight look like from a distance.
    I like that !

TSP Rumbler, LT's, TSP Tqr2, PRC 921 Springs, Comp Lifters, Chromoly 7.4" Pushrods, Titanium Retainers/Seats/Seals, ARP head bolts, BMR full Rear suspension

"I could break a bowling ball with a plastic hammer in a sandbox"

Thread Information