Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Want to see some cat back exhaust tip pics

I've got the dual dual exhaust tip set-up on my car now but I can't stand the tips so it's time for a complete cat-back. I'm trying to figure out which catback has the best looking tips for my car. I was going to do the quad SLP set-up that puts the tips in the middle but I decided to stay away from that and do a traditional dual exit on the rear. Post some pics of your tips from the rear and what cat-back you have, also if you like the sound. My car is an auto so I don't want a loudmouth catback since they drone really bad on the highway. I am looking for a deep, powerful sound though. Let's compare....

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i always thought camaros looked best with 3" chrome tips. not the dual tips. my 4 cents

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    i always thought camaros looked best with 3" chrome tips. not the dual tips. my 4 cents
    I agree but disagree with one setup ... I bought the magnaflow cat back .. love the sound and performance... the 3 inch tips that came with it though are preset to how and where they hang.. and its just to low fromthe body and to gawdy looking comingout of the back of the Camaro 98-02 body style

Factory when I bought it

This is a back shot with the Magnaflow setup

Underbody shot right after install complete

This is after changing it over to the Center mount with valance and tips
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I love the corsa dual duals, find your own pics

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Kages99 View Post
    Factory looks much better. My .02 pennies...

Im much more happy with the factory centermount than with the magnaflow .. its still the magnaflow muffler and pipes just modified to fit the factory centermount tips

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Like I said before .. its hilarious when you think your winning the race looking behind you to see where everyone is .. and Im sitting at the finish line laughing drinking some water.

You just dont get it do you? I do not care what you think about my car .. me .. or what Ive done to it haha its mine .. Im proud of it .. and it serves its purpose and all of my needs and wants. I mean you speak of someone being slow.. stupid.. and all these negative things but youre the one being made to look like a fuckin fool? thats the funny part.

So keep following me in the threads making comments... to instigate even when I attempt to be polite to you and evey once in a while Ill throw you a bone and put you in your place making you look stupid like you do so well yourself

bight rallye red
    2000 Camaro Z28

flowmaster, IMO F-bodies look best with the big slash cut tips like these

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by redrallyeZ View Post
    flowmaster, IMO F-bodies look best with the big slash cut tips like these
    Click for full size
    Definitely right about the slash tips looking better it gives the body an extending line.. instead of the ones that come in the magnaflow kit that are straight flat tipsI just wish they had a little cut out in the back bumper where they sit like the old school muscle cars did or like the TA's and firebirds do then it wouldnt stand out so much like mine did

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by Kages99 View Post
    When i said factory looks better i was being sarcastic, you retarded doughboy.. And like a dumbass that you are you took it as a prop. I told you, you were slow .....

leave comments like that out of the thread.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

I had the center mount quad tip on my old 95 z28 before I sold it. I loved the look because it was different and with a silver car, it touched it off. I currently have the LM system with Magnaflow 4"dia, 22" long stainless steel tips with the 20 degree rolled ends. they look great on the car. before I had the CME on my old car I had the slash tips and they didn't do it for me. Tips have the ability to change the sound of you cat-back dramatically, so look around before buying. My Loud Mouth was awesome until i really woke up the system with those 4" tips. They also bring the car into a more proportional look when all other cars see nothing but the rear of yours...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Best looks and sound...

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Cassie View Post
    Best looks and sound...

Click for full size

Click for full size

I agree. Corsa tips>ALL.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Cassie View Post
    Best looks and sound...

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Quote Originally Posted by bene View Post
    I agree. Corsa tips>ALL.
    I dunno maybe its me but Im used to seeing these tips coming out of the back of old school rx7s... the monza tips ( http://www.pacesetterexhaust.com/tips.htm ) which to me look ehhh coming out of a big car like we all have. I do love the growl the big 3-4 inch barrrels give it serious sound. But I like the sleekness of the Cme

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    I dunno maybe its me but Im used to seeing these tips coming out of the back of old school rx7s... the monza tips ( http://www.pacesetterexhaust.com/tips.htm ) which to me look ehhh coming out of a big car like we all have. I do love the growl the big 3-4 inch barrrels give it serious sound. But I like the sleekness of the Cme
    Damn, I guess that I had better change to some chrome plated pipes with only one exit per side. Then I can sound like I have a big car...

I will bet you that with the Corsa premium exhaust I have my car makes a hell of lot more growl than your little magnaflow or whatever you have on your SS...

Pewter
    2000 WS.6 T/A

on camaros

i actually like the 2 out the left SLP -looks pretty sick

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    Damn, I guess that I had better change to some chrome plated pipes with only one exit per side. Then I can sound like I have a big car...

I will bet you that with the Corsa premium exhaust I have my car makes a hell of lot more growl than your little magnaflow or whatever you have on your SS...
    Well being as the Magnaflow comes with polished stainless steel tips not chrome plated Im not sure if that was directed at me although you quoted me. I also didnt say that the exhaust made the car sound big if you could go back and read it over maybe that would help. I said Im used to seeing those little monza tips coming out of the back of old school Rx7's. Them being small cars and those tips being proportionate in size.

Ive never heard a Corsa exhaust other than sound samples on the net. I also didnt say that the Magnaflow was louder than your almighty Corsa haha so read over what I said again I guess. I said I like the way the bigger barrels give it the growling sound.

Heres a pretty thorough discussion on the topic already that covers both sides if youd like to read over it?

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...8&page=1&pp=20

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Borla ftw.

LastHawk02
    yeah i have Borla, i like it alot fills the back bumper out really good...

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    Well being as the Magnaflow comes with polished stainless steel tips not chrome plated Im not sure if that was directed at me although you quoted me. I also didnt say that the exhaust made the car sound big if you could go back and read it over maybe that would help. I said Im used to seeing those little monza tips coming out of the back of old school Rx7's. Them being small cars and those tips being proportionate in size.

Ive never heard a Corsa exhaust other than sound samples on the net. I also didnt say that the Magnaflow was louder than your almighty Corsa haha so read over what I said again I guess. I said I like the way the bigger barrels give it the growling sound.

Heres a pretty thorough discussion on the topic already that covers both sides if youd like to read over it?

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...8&page=1&pp=20
    Corsa tips are way different from any Monza style tip! They may appear to have the same shape but don't confuse that for the way they look just because you have seen Monza tips on an RX-7. Wait until you see Corsa on an F-body... Don't worry I have a few pics. Let me illustrate.

Also the "bigger barrels" don't have too much to do with the sound...

Last edited by Packy; 08-06-2006 at 06:16 PM. Reason: added pic

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    Corsa tips are way different from any Monza style tip! They may appear to have the same shape but don't confuse that for the way they look just because you have seen Monza tips on an RX-7. Wait until you see Corsa on an F-body... Don't worry I have a few pics. Let me illustrate.

Also the "bigger barrels" don't have too much to do with the sound...

Click for full size
    Ive listened to your promotion for Corsa but like most people said in the thread I posted for you to read, There waaaaaay overpriced. At almost 2 times the amount you can get a Magnaflow catback system. The hp bump is a difference of .2 , Corsa supposedly giving 14 and Magnaflow giving 13.8. So if the Hp or performance is the same. And the sound is very similar. And also Magnaflow comes with a lifetime warranty. Where Corsa comes with a limited warranty. Theres really no comparison.

As for sound I listened to the sites sound and video recordings. Other than having a little more girgling sound and a slight bit more of raspy sound. There is no difference between the Corsa and The installed Magnaflow. Especially when you go through all of the different situations. Idle, Accelerating, etc.

Ive seen Corsas on an Fbody just not around here like I said earlier.

And yes the "bigger barrels" have alot to do with sound. Why do you think people have the bigger tips it gives it a deeper more hollow echoing sound.

Thats a scientific fact yell into paper towel tube.. then go yell into a cave .. you tell me which ones louder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information