Thread: voltage gauge?

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

voltage gauge?

my ta still runs fine but the voltage gauge seems to bounce a little and i can see my odometer flashing a little to with the gauge. I currently have a left blinker out i checked the front drivers side bulb looks fine and also turned on my flashers they work but the left arrow stays on when i hit it. Also while i was doing my lt install my friend noticed the windsheild washer level sensor was unplugged so i had him plug it in and now the low light is on i guess that is why it was unplugged and yes it is topped off. Was wondering can any of these things make my voltage gauge bounce a little?

Also i forgot to mention that it dosnt matter if i a cruising or at a stop it still moves a little.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Sounds like a ground issue... possibly some corrosion. Start with your battery cables and then go around the engine bay and look at all your ground wires. If corroded, remove and clean them up a bit with a brass brush or emory paper.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

ok cool! thanks! oh and does anyone have a diagram to where all of the grounds lead to? cux im sure there are some that are hidden or something.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Start with your battery ground -- both ends. Then check the grounds located at the front of each wheelhouse. After that, I would look underneath at the alternator connections.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

cool thanks

White
    1998 Trans Am

I have the left blinker disease. 2nd Gm I've owned this happened to. Not a real cheap fix either. Rather spend money on making the cr go fast and turn the blinker off myself. My voltage gauge bouced a little because of my underdrive pulleys and A4. Not sure what you have done to yor car. I fived mine witha alt. overdrive pulley and a powerbasterds 220amp alt, red top, and some new 4 gauge wires. No more problems.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

all i have done is lid, LT, Mail tune from frost, ory, lm2 catback, lowered springs, ttm, aftermarket radio, fra mod, egr&air delete.

I had a coupon for a free oil change and 27 point inspection and the only thing that was written as might want to replace soon was my battery. could this be the issue? if so how
    dont the alternator run the car after startup?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by damianj03 View Post
    all i have done is lid, LT, Mail tune from frost, ory, lm2 catback, lowered springs, ttm, aftermarket radio, fra mod, egr&air delete.

I had a coupon for a free oil change and 27 point inspection and the only thing that was written as might want to replace soon was my battery. could this be the issue? if so how
    dont the alternator run the car after startup?
    Technically yes... but, in our cars a weak battery can wreak all sorts of havoc. There have been a lot of odd issues posted about that were resolved once the battery was swapped out. Have it load tested and see what the result is.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

ok here is another issue. Left drivers side blinker will not work but passenger side will.

I changed the front blinker bulb and also found a rear side marker bulb was burnt out to so i replaced that still got nothing. What am i missing? Oh and i put electric grease in it to.

I know that a flasher could be the next problem to check but dosnt one flasher control both left and right? So if one side dosnt work then the other shouldnt work either if the flasher is out. I also checked the hazards walked around the car with them on and all bulbs are flashing.

What is the prob?

Thread Information