1998 Firebird Formula WS6

>>>>true duals on stock manifolds?<<<<<

Updated down below

Hey guys i dont want to change my headers cause i live in california but i was thinking about doing true duals with two bullets dumped on my 1999 ls1 m6. Should i just weld a bullet into the i-pipe and dump it? Otherwise i was going to get x pipe kit and replace the flattened piece on the stock y pipe and then run bullets dumped. Will i see any more noticible power with the duals vs the i-pipe on a mostly stock ls1 camaro?

i am now looking at modifying this kit to save cost i would be adding an x or h pipe and bullets.
    http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...60799_-1_10253
    http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...60019_-1_10253
    Last edited by 180ls1; 10-18-2007 at 07:07 PM.

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

True duals will always yield more power.

I run Bassani, which is made to bolt to the stock cats and run true duals with a x crossover all the way over the axle and out at the stock locations.

+1 for the bassani if you want a true dual system. Do it right and do it one time. Dumping the exhaust in front of the rearend is cheesy on anything but a race car. Just looks tacky on a street car,,,,just my opinion though.

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    +1 for the bassani if you want a true dual system. Do it right and do it one time. Dumping the exhaust in front of the rearend is cheesy on anything but a race car. Just looks tacky on a street car,,,,just my opinion though.
    i loved dumped muffs before the axle on a true dual setup

looks sexy, sounds sexy, gets you more sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by b.lee View Post
    i loved dumped muffs before the axle on a true dual setup

looks sexy, sounds sexy, gets you more sexy.
    Your still young

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66842

discussion in here about the bassani and TSP. also, seeing as you are in california, you may want to check the laws about where the exhaust can exit at. i think, california requires it to exit past the passenger compartment. this leaves any type of dumped system before the axle out.

the bassani uses the stock location exits and utilizes one muffler, just like the stock setup. it's a dual in/out muffler. requires no suspension modifications. here's a pic of the whole system on the floor.

Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66842

discussion in here about the bassani and TSP. also, seeing as you are in california, you may want to check the laws about where the exhaust can exit at. i think, california requires it to exit past the passenger compartment. this leaves any type of dumped system before the axle out.

the bassani uses the stock location exits and utilizes one muffler, just like the stock setup. it's a dual in/out muffler. requires no suspension modifications. here's a pic of the whole system on the floor.

Click for full size
    I dont really have the money for that setup i was looking to spend no more then $500 maybe i could have one built for around $500 that is a rear exit. I was never aware that you had to have it go to the back for the most part. I will check on the laws more though tomorrow.

i am thinking about modifying this kit with custom fitting at the muffler shop and an x or h pipe with bullet mufflers
    http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...60799_-1_10253
    http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...60019_-1_10253
    Last edited by 180ls1; 10-18-2007 at 07:07 PM.

If you can't swing for the Bassani true dual system then the next best bet would be a large single system.

Check out Mufflex, they make a nice 4 inch diameter single system, and with the spintech muffler it is one awsome sounding system. It's the best flowing single system I have played with so far.

I am like you though, I want to try the Bassani myself and see how it compares to even the biggest single system out there, but I can't swing the cost for it with other cars that need attention too. Maybe Christmas though.

Thread Information