Thread: true duals help

black
    2001 camaro ss

true duals help

im trying to do true duals from texas speed on my car the moroso spiral flow system, was wondering if anyone has the texas system and how the clearance is i have bbk long tubes so my headers are great for clearance. also anyone living in jacksonville know any good exhaust shops where i can get a true dual system over the axle fabed up and installed instead of getting the texas kit. pics of clearnace and how often you scrape would be appreciated i am military and drive over several speed bumps daily

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Your just in luck , Check out the new issue of GM High-Tech (nov-2011) Kooks custom headers just came out with a True dual, 3-inch, X-piped equipped bolt on fourth-gen F-body exhaust system and it looks Bad Ass.. looked for more info haven't seen anything,I sent a email to kooks for more info. Get the mag. great wright up or check on line at GM Cars | Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Saturn, Cadillac, GMC - GM High Tech Performance Magazine

NBM Z28

Hey man, i just got rid of my Y pipe/Magnaflow for 3" TSP dual dumped before the axle. I actually have good clearance. Dont have any pics. But i love the sound. I am running the dynomax bullets. Magnaflow isnt even in the same sentance as far as sound, tone, and everything. Just go with the TSP duals dumped. You will not regret it. Plus i think its just about 400 bucks.. The kooks system is over 1,000.

Navy Blue Metallic/Black
    02 camaro z28/01 wife t/a

i got my flow-tech 3 inc X pipe for 120 from speed inc. i'm not sure if you live in jacksonville TX but i'm from Tyler TX i know a greet muffler shop that did mine for 60 bucks. Also i got dynomaxx 3 inch race mufflers i love the sound but my clearance is not that good, only wen it gets close to the axle it kinda hangs a lil i think with a lil work i should have good clearance

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

OP,

I have the TSP Rumbler X. I too am in the military and I'll tell you that a stock ride height car is just going to have issues with speed bumps. I live 60ish miles north of you and around town it's not too bad but the speed bumps going on and off base are brutal. The tire shreaders that you can drive over one way but the lock up and destroy your tires trying to go the other way...they're the worst.

I'll find some pics and post links for you. Or if schedules workout, I'm due for a trip down to JAX. I could meet you somewhere for you to see for yourself. Just don't judge the car by looks right now...I'm sanding it to re-paint it.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f69/2000-s...52/index3.html
    go to ^ link, posts 15 and 42 have some photos that may help you. Kinda hard to tell but I can roll a coke can under the car but not stand it up. A cambell's soup can will fit standing though.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    Your just in luck , Check out the new issue of GM High-Tech (nov-2011) Kooks custom headers just came out with a True dual, 3-inch, X-piped equipped bolt on fourth-gen F-body exhaust system and it looks Bad Ass.. looked for more info haven't seen anything,I sent a email to kooks for more info. Get the mag. great wright up or check on line at GM Cars | Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Saturn, Cadillac, GMC - GM High Tech Performance Magazine

^^ This. That is one nice looking and fitting system. I believe the only alteration was that you also had to install a BMR Panhard Brace that has a bit of a bend built in for additional clearance.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    ^^ This. That is one nice looking and fitting system. I believe the only alteration was that you also had to install a BMR Panhard Brace that has a bit of a bend built in for additional clearance.
    You are very right Jeff, You also need the Bmr driveshaft loop (a good thing to have anyway) anyhow this system is in fact a few extra bucks, I found it for a little over $1,600(marylandspeed) with high flow cats cheaper without, but if you add up a good catback with good tips, Y-pipe, cats, that price is not all that bad and you get a true 3" x-piped dual system out the back with 4inch quad tips not a 3"dual to 3" single to muffler 2.5" out!! I the mag. thay said it sounded like no other f-body thay ever heard (Kooks web site has a video) Iam saving up....

Thread Information