Thread: True duals

White
    1998 FireBird Formula

True duals

I'm wanting to run true duals on my formula, dumped before the rear axle. The local shops here won't do it because its "illegal" for them.. I already have a set of long tube headers, not sure which brand, they were on the car when i bought it. I'm just wondering from any of you guys that have made your own true dual set-up, what X-pipe did you use, and how much of a pain in the ass was it to install?

it doesn't seem like it will be to difficult, the hardest part looks like it will be just running the headers into the x-pipe, after that its pretty much just straight back into the mufflers then dumped. I'm also planning on going with the magnaflow bullet mufflers..

any input would be appriciated!!

red
    99 camaro

subscribing...

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Tx98Formula View Post
    I'm wanting to run true duals on my formula, dumped before the rear axle. The local shops here won't do it because its "illegal" for them.. I already have a set of long tube headers, not sure which brand, they were on the car when i bought it. I'm just wondering from any of you guys that have made your own true dual set-up, what X-pipe did you use, and how much of a pain in the ass was it to install?

it doesn't seem like it will be to difficult, the hardest part looks like it will be just running the headers into the x-pipe, after that its pretty much just straight back into the mufflers then dumped. I'm also planning on going with the magnaflow bullet mufflers..

any input would be appriciated!!
    I have been researching the same thing. I have seen a lot of people making there own tds with the summit x pipe 3 inch kit. If you have access to a welder and hack up your y pipe it looks like it can be done pretty easy

red
    99 camaro

^^^ my thoughts exactly...

White
    1998 FireBird Formula

for you guys that have used the jegs or summit 3" x-pipe kit, how much work was it to install this? did you do the entire exhaust yourself or did you take it to a shop? did you have to add any bends or basically just weld everything up? how much extra SS pipe did you have to buy?

I'm looking to just do the exhaust myself, i don't have access to a pipe bender but i can get all the welding done pretty easily. I'm just looking for a cheaper option then the TSP true dual setup

red
    99 camaro

^^^ arent we all... $500 for some pipe and bullet mufflers??? No thanks.

Pewter
    99 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by JRENIGAR View Post
    ^^^ arent we all... $500 for some pipe and bullet mufflers??? No thanks.
    actually it was more like $430 and thats pretty good considering it came with all band clamps($10 each elsewhere) manderel bent tubing. ever try looking up prices for the same thing on a new mustang or camaro? my friend said he paid around 800 for his x pipe alone lol i sort of believe him

Thread Information