Thread: True duals

Pewter
    2001 Z28

True duals

Does anyone on here have the TSP true duals and if so how do you like them. I would rather get TDs that go all the way back and dont dump but im pretty sure no one sells em.

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Bassani Exhaust sells a true dual that goes all the way back!
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Last edited by mrr23; 03-30-2009 at 02:20 PM.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I know its probably the picture... but in the 2nd pic of your lady friends system.... the right pipe doesnt stick out further does it? I have never seen this setup in person. Looks good. What does it cost?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

it's just the way it looks sitting on the ground with stuff not turned the right way. as you can see on the black car pics, the right side doesn't stick out.

aluminized = $779.00
    stainless steel = $949.00 ( i have this on both cars )

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Thats not bad. If I was going to buy an exhaust, I would look into these. Ecspecially if you cant find someone around you with the talent to bend a TD system.

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

I got mine done in SS for $800!

T/A=LOTS of Vagina =X

Dark Blue
    98 Trans Am =]

man eff bassani i got the tsp true duals and lt pacesetters on my 98 ta and daaaamn it is a beast now! my acceleration is a lot faster and the sound is amazing..makes me wanna bust a nut every start up

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

in some states, it is illegal to have exhaust dumped before the passenger compartment (IE under car).

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

im running TSP TD's. i bought the set-up with the Sweet Thunder resonators, but have saved those and put on SLP LM resonators. they exit under the car before the rear axle, straight out, no turn downs...

as Mrr23 said, here in TX it is illegal to have a vehicles exhaust exit under the car. all i do for inspection is hang some 90° bends and hangers and have it exit out the side. then take them off. so far, i have not had any issues...

here is my set-up:

Bright Red
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    in some states, it is illegal to have exhaust dumped before the passenger compartment (IE under car).
    That's what has kept me from doing any type of "true dual exhaust" on my car.

In Maryland, for a "dumped" exhaust, the ticket you'd receive would be a "Repair Order", which means the entire exhaust gets looked at...not an option for a longtubed, catless car like I have. Not to mention, I personally think a dumped setup looks like crap, regardless of what metal it's made out of. It just looks "rigged" to me. A cop magnet for sure.

The Bassani sounds good, but is made for stock manifold/catalytic setups, not longtube headers. Kind of crazy to buy a $1000 exhaust setup and still have to cut, fabricate, and weld it back together to work with headers, so that's also not an option for me. IMHO, it looks kind of "busy" from the rear, with all the plumbing snaking everywhere.

The best setup I've seen is on Mr. Luos' car. (I think it was)
    True duals, exiting out the back like they should be, with mufflers mounted just before the rear bumper cover, sort of 80's-90's Vette style. If I could find an exhaust guy to fab one up, I'd go that route, without a doubt. Unfortunately, around here, it's a heavy fine for an exhaust shop (or any shop) to work on a catalytic converter deleted car...so you'd be hard pressed to find someone to do it.
    2002 Silverado Z71 ECSB HPTuners tuned by yours truly
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 6.0, 4L80E, 9" rear
    webpage: http://www.fquick.com/rel3rd/

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    im running TSP TD's. i bought the set-up with the Sweet Thunder resonators, but have saved those and put on SLP LM resonators. they exit under the car before the rear axle, straight out, no turn downs...

as Mrr23 said, here in TX it is illegal to have a vehicles exhaust exit under the car. all i do for inspection is hang some 90° bends and hangers and have it exit out the side. then take them off. so far, i have not had any issues...

here is my set-up:
    Click for full size
    Haven't scraped them up yet i see

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    The Bassani sounds good, but is made for stock manifold/catalytic setups, not longtube headers. Kind of crazy to buy a $1000 exhaust setup and still have to cut, fabricate, and weld it back together to work with headers, so that's also not an option for me. IMHO, it looks kind of "busy" from the rear, with all the plumbing snaking everywhere.(
    it's really minor to get it to fit headers. here's what i did when i put dynatech headers on
    http://www.stealthram.com/dynatech.htm

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Haven't scraped them up yet i see

They have some 'character' to them now...

I go slow as can be over speed bumps. However some speed bumps here in tx are the size of mountains...

Bright Red
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    it's really minor to get it to fit headers. here's what i did when i put dynatech headers on
    http://www.stealthram.com/dynatech.htm
    hmm, that didn't look to be too bad. What was that basically two cuts/welds on each side?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    hmm, that didn't look to be too bad. What was that basically two cuts/welds on each side?
    yep. the exhaust shop made the adapters out of 2.5" pipe and welded them on.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

They have some 'character' to them now...

I go slow as can be over speed bumps. However some speed bumps here in tx are the size of mountains...
    Its good to have a little "character" if you will

White
    1998 Trans Am

here is my set-up:
    Click for full size
    Ok so I live in TX also. So you have long tubes and I don't see cats and the buggest problem passing inspection is the dumps. I pass the inspection with the tune and rear 02 delete but have to go to garages where they don't bother doing visuals.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Silver
    2002 LS1

here is my set-up:
    Click for full size

Thats the only thing im worrying about when i get my dad's T/A. God i cant wait. Im just trying to figure out everything i want to do right now all the way down to the name, and thats the only thing i worry about is living in texas, what can i do legally, but that can make it a head turner too! Any suggestions?

Thread Information