• Nick Williams

6 50.00%
  • F.A.S.T.

5 41.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

Throttle Bodies Holley,Fast,NW

alright guys I'm looking at throttle bodies, I've always favoured the Nick Williams over the FAST but recentely have heard bad things about the NW. However, my expensive favourite is Holley now thats a nice looking TB however I don't want to spend an extra 50$ purely on looks... basically a 90mm TB is all going to perform as well as the other so my question is which one is more dependable and not as likely to screw up which is basically the only trait that varies between 90mm TB...

If its worth the money I'll go Holley, if its not I'll go NW and if thats actually not as good as the FAST then I guess I'll go with FAST.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)

oh and secondly... I assume everyone one of those brands require the two sensors to be added to them... do our stock OEM sensors fit right on to any of these TB or is there more to it?

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)

before I even started this I knew FAST was going to win because thats what most people run and I was hoping I could still get an impartial opinion... I've heard "iffy" things about FAST things like their blades sticking and WOT and such...

BLACK
    1999 WS6 TA

I have the fast, and mine sticks, I had to add an extra spring to it and that seemed to help a little. Not sure why it does it, my problem is down low not wot. It would be great if I could fix that. Thats my 2 cents.

The Slow and the Broke ImportIntimidator's Avatar

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Bouvs View Post
    before I even started this I knew FAST was going to win because thats what most people run and I was hoping I could still get an impartial opinion... I've heard "iffy" things about FAST things like their blades sticking and WOT and such...
    there will always be naysayers... but it would stand to reason that if most people run it, it has to have some merit

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I've had all three. Nick Williams is the highest quality with no blade/sticking issues and I have had it for over 2 years.

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Another one for Nicky..............

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I've had all three. Nick Williams is the highest quality with no blade/sticking issues and I have had it for over 2 years.
    well the fact that you've had all three gives you ALOT of creditability there Sarge... which did you get first and why did you switch from FAST and Holley?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I just installed a PTM 92mm TB on the TA. I absolutely love it, partially because it solved my "Hanging Idle" problem.

It came in the black powdered coated finish and looks great IMO. I have heard of problems with the FAST 90mm TB before. Not all to sure how true they are.

Get which ever one looks good, is priced well, and has a decent rep thruout the LSX world.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

oh and secondly... I assume everyone one of those brands require the two sensors to be added to them... do our stock OEM sensors fit right on to any of these TB or is there more to it?
    My PTM accepted the TPS and IAC fine. I think they all do.

Also, I cant vote because my only opinion is PTM. No other experience.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

well the fact that you've had all three gives you ALOT of creditability there Sarge... which did you get first and why did you switch from FAST and Holley?
    Holley had leakage issues from a poorly machined edge....FAST had blade sticking issues and we dremeled the shit out of it to work...NW came ready to go and is perfect to this day....solid unit...

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

90 Nick Williams here. NW and PTM are fine for 90mm. FAST had issues and I wouldn't consider the Holley. For the new 92MM FAST intake the FAST 92mm tb is fine. Not sure if NW makes a 92 or not but FAST has apparently worked out their issues with the 92.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

on a stock ls1 intake manifold, will you notice a decent change wih adding a new T.B. or is it kinda worthless w/o the whole manifold upgrade?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    on a stock ls1 intake manifold, will you notice a decent change wih adding a new T.B. or is it kinda worthless w/o the whole manifold upgrade?
    A ported stock tb on an LS6 intake is worth a few horsies.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    if there are adapters I don't know of them but all the 90mm and 92mm TB are 4bolts where as our OEM's are 3bolts... however yes the only reason I'm getting a big TB is because I'm getting a bigger intake... otherwise ported would suffice for an LS6... thats what I've been using this whole time...

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i have the edelbrock 90MM on my 408. very good price and it has something none of the others have. edelbrock put an air bleed screw on the top of it. instead of the ole drill a hole in the TB blade method to get larger cams to idle better, you just turn a screw. like the old carb days. comes with TPS and IAC sensor as well.

Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

mrr23, what is your setup now? Didnt you sell your nitrous kit? Or something along those lines? What intake is that? Your still running N2O right?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

currently, i have no nitrous. my new setup is the edelbrock intake, elbow, and TB.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92739

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Did you change the cam? That cam was setup specifically for nitrous wasn't it???

What made you make such a change???

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i changed my cam sometime back. my last time out, i cracked a head from blowing another head gasket. the heads had that wonderful service notch in the deck. i was going to sell my nitrous setup for money plus ls6 intake. then, i came across another set of heads and took the extra money and bought the edelbrock setup. i read enough about it and found out it does just as good as the FAST 92/92 with more power above 6000 rpms. plus, it comes in about $300.00 less than the FAST.

Thread Information