Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

thoughts on pacsetter lt headers

im wanting header pretty bad for my ride. and was tossing the ebay lt route around beign as their 180 bucks for a set.then i need to find a y pipe to fit them on top of that. but realized if i spent like 20 bucks more i can get a set of pacesetter and a y pipe as a package. but am curious as to what people think of the paceseeter and how they fit and what not, or if you even hate them like no other i want to hear that also and why. thanks for the time

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

I have the non-ceramic set that has all the egr hook-ups. I tried a set of ebay headers and couldn't get them in the car. The top part of the collector was hitting the floor board before all of the bolt holes would line up. I got rid of them after that since the egr stuff on the headers were all turned the wrong way and not the right lengths. I went to TSP and ordered the Pacesetters. They were easy to install and I haven't have any issues. I've been running them for about a year now.
    Y2K SS A4 Y2Y GU5: 12.96@106-SLP FLO PAC|P&P Stock TB | Pacesetter LT's | TSP Rumbler X Duals | B&M Trans Cooler | Rear Tubular LCA's w/ Relocation Brackets | Tubular PHB | SFC's | Diablo Sport Tuning

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

awesome thats what i want to hear....see i got all excited bout 180 bucks for headers and knew about some problems installing them and realized after i but the headers and y pipe ill be like 20-30 dollar difference from an actual name brand header and y pipe that goes with the headers, and thought i would go that route

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

im looking at these. i dont know if i should get the tsp y piep or the pacesetter y... but you cant go wrong for this price
    http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...id=976&catid=8

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

That's the same thing I have except the y-pipe. Like I said, I like them a lot.

I've heard of guys using those ebay headers with good luck/success but it didn't work for me.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

There are a lot of different brands and styled e-bay headers. There is a thread on this site dedicated to e-bay headers. Lots of people have had a lot of success with them. I personally went with Kooks. From what I've gathered, Pacesetters are a good quality and have decent longevity for the price you pay.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

yea i know about the ebay headers thread..ive been participating in it...but if i could spend like 20-50 more on a name brand header that fits with no problems, id be dumb not to do it

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

E-bay headers are also stainless steel are they not? I'm not knocking Pacesetters by any means, but they are coated and not SS.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

I'm pretty sure you are correct on the ebay's being stainless. All of them I have seen were and the set I had was. Pacesetters are not all coated though. The set I got isn't coated. I'm going to do the air/egr delete with the heads/cam/intake when I get around to it and then I'll do coated race pacesetters.

silver
    2002 ss camaro

pace setters are great i got them, now you got some choices, you can get them with the a.i.r. hookups or you can get them without, it depends on what you are going to do after this,, if it was me , i would order them without the hookups and when you get it tuned after the header install you tell the tuner to eliminate the a.i.r. stuff. next i woiuld not order an ory , i would put the headers on and then make it a true duel system with an xpipe, it is very possible and if you want the max hp gain then you need true duels ,, i did my header install and true duel with no mufflers or cats, and i went from 325 to 359 rwhp. thats a pretty big jump.. .

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by silver35thss View Post
    pace setters are great i got them, now you got some choices, you can get them with the a.i.r. hookups or you can get them without, it depends on what you are going to do after this,, if it was me , i would order them without the hookups and when you get it tuned after the header install you tell the tuner to eliminate the a.i.r. stuff. next i woiuld not order an ory , i would put the headers on and then make it a true duel system with an xpipe, it is very possible and if you want the max hp gain then you need true duels ,, i did my header install and true duel with no mufflers or cats, and i went from 325 to 359 rwhp. thats a pretty big jump.. .
    What were your mods before the exhaust? I wish I had done a base line dyno run before I started modding.

silver
    2002 ss camaro

slp air lid, thats it,, that was on the car when i started, i did headers, exhaust, and i just got done with my cam install, jumped from 359 rwhp to 402 with just a torquerv3 cam,, no head work or intake or throttlebody . cams do a lot in these cars

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

yea i was plannin on ordering the headers without air/egr provisions. being as im getting rid of that crap anyways....i dont know if i want to do true duals just yet. ill always have the opportunity to do them later. thanks for the input guys

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

The Pacesetters will rust, coated or not. Go stainless the 1st time.

silver
    2002 ss camaro

mine have been on for 4 years and do not have 1 bit of rust yet

SOM
    2002 SS

I have stainless lsxtreme headers for sale. Longtubes, gaskets, 3 piece Y, high flow cats and o2 extensions basically everything you need.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    The Pacesetters will rust, coated or not. Go stainless the 1st time.
    This was kinda where I was going by asking about the Pacesetter's being coated versus the SS e-bay headers.

OP - have you looked at all in the classified ads on here or on tech to see if any are for sale? Tatertot on here picked up a set of kooks for dirt cheap.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Well I have the SS Ebay ones. They are nice and still shiny.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

yes ive looked on here for headers and stuff, and it always happens that when i dont have money ill find awesome deals, but when i have money none to be found...im still just thinking of going the pacesetter route tho..there is no stainless or bling under my hood now, so why should i start, lol

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ28 View Post
    yes ive looked on here for headers and stuff, and it always happens that when i dont have money ill find awesome deals, but when i have money none to be found...im still just thinking of going the pacesetter route tho..there is no stainless or bling under my hood now, so why should i start, lol
    I really like my pacesetters so don't get me wrong. If you get them and they are the painted ones, they may not last as long. I've seen cars that have had them on for a long time also but they may rust. Again, it seems to be hit or miss from what I hear. Some do rust, some don't. I'm in a very humid climate with a garage kept car. Mine rusted fairly quickly. No leaks and for the money...I'm not going to complain at all but something in ceramic or stainless that wont have the rust problem may give you a longer service life. As I've seen with a lot of things with these cars, a lot comes down to personal desire and what you are willing to pay.

If I ever have to get header's for my car again or another LS1 car, it'll be pacesetters.

Thread Information