Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

thinking of changing mufflers....

Okay so right now I have lt's, 3 inch y pipe and a flowmaster 10 series with a dump.
    I hate the tone it gets a 2500 rpm so I think I'm just gonna get a slp loudmouth and see how that sounds, I've heard videos on youtube and I really like the way the loudmouth sounds kinda deep. Is there a different tone between the loudmouth1 and loudmouth2? Will I maybe see some hp increase?

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

LM1 is louder than LM2. LM1 has a hollow canister where the LM2 has a functional muffler.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

lot of people with loudmouths after going to LT's end up getting some other brand. Get Magnaflows or Hooker muffler there are other more expensive ones that sound good but sound is preference and price is what your willing to pay.

As long as you keep that dumped in front of the rearend you are going to get that drone at cruise rpm. Removing a case style muffler and going to a bullet style like a loudmouth is only going to make it even louder, and probably more drone inside the car as well.

The only real way to eliminate most of the droning is to run some tailpipes out the back of the car so the noise is behind you instead of under you. You may still get a small amount of drone depending on the system used but it would be a huge improvement in any case.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I will NEVER recommend either of the Loudmouth's. They tend to be raspy, drone, and as some say "sound like a garbage truck."

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

i am a magnaflow guy it's stainless good to over 500hp and looks good. the slp stuff just sucks balls. just ask mr. lous.

388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

+1 for magnaflow.

i fucking hate the raspy sound. it sounds retarded.

i had flowmasters before and now its so much better. where it sounded raspy at about 2500, now sounds very very deep.

nbm
    00 SS

I got Macs w/ a custom ORY and the 1st gen LM catback, even added a dynomax bullet. The drone is terrible and raspy at around 2300rpm. It sounds good at idle and everywhere else besides 2300. If your car is a daily driver go with a good muffler system, like the Magnaflow. I'll be replacing the LM this week with a 4" Mufflex/Spintech system and hope to get less sound in the interior plus it has that kool hide away 4" tip.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I will NEVER recommend either of the Loudmouth's. They tend to be raspy, drone, and as some say "sound like a garbage truck."
    Or a Farmtruck

Quote Originally Posted by 2000SSM6 View Post
    I got Macs w/ a custom ORY and the 1st gen LM catback, even added a dynomax bullet. The drone is terrible and raspy at around 2300rpm. It sounds good at idle and everywhere else besides 2300. If your car is a daily driver go with a good muffler system, like the Magnaflow. I'll be replacing the LM this week with a 4" Mufflex/Spintech system and hope to get less sound in the interior plus it has that kool hide away 4" tip.
    Good choice. The 4 inch mufflex has a sound like no other. I am also one that liked the hidden tip under the bumper.

2002 CETA m6

loudmouth 1= good sound for just a catback
    loudmouth 1+headers= rasp city

I plan on gutting my cats and getting the loudmouth 2, ive heard this set up in person and it has a nice, low idle, but screams at WOT

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

And everytime slp let's me down ill take a look at the magnaflow and the mufflex

Thanks for the input guys!!

nbm
    00 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Good choice. The 4 inch mufflex has a sound like no other. I am also one that liked the hidden tip under the bumper.
    The hide away was the one of the big reasons I got it. For some reason my left tip sags and I can't get it level with the other side for chit. I've removed the system 3 times but no help. I didn't want to cut a reweld either.

nbm
    00 SS

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    And everytime slp let's me down ill take a look at the magnaflow and the mufflex

Thanks for the input guys!!
    I put a Magnaflow SS muffler on my 4.3L S10, very well built muffler and great sound. I'll never spend another dime on blowmaster stuff, just junk imo.

nbm
    00 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Same ol Situation View Post
    loudmouth 1= good sound for just a catback
    loudmouth 1+headers= rasp city

but screams at WOT
    That is does, and does well. Open headers are the only things louder than that system.

Pewter
    2000 A4 WS6

Ok I'm glad this has been brought up I have a question and price has nothing to do with it. Ok right now the cars stock with kook's 1 7/8's and catless 3" ORY all stainless and I heard CORSA is the best catback on the market for our cars. What doe's everyone think? I've got extreme rasp cause the Jag that had it b4 me had the slp lm 1 on it. It is RASP CITY X100000000000. I also like the way the corsa exhaust fills up the TA's holes in the bumper

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

the magnaflow will flow over 500hp just fine for a lot less cash then the corsa but you have to get what you like. you will still get a bit of rasp but its just a bit not much to care about.

Thread Information