Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit

Are They Serious?

http://www.speedengineeringanddyno.com/packages.htm

400 RWHP from bolt ons? Do you guys know anything about this package? That seems too good to be true to me unless they did it on a factory freak LS1 that already had like 330 rwhp.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

It does sound like a huge gain from just bolt-ons. Even for an LS1. It may just be an advertising thing. They saw 400RWHP ONCE from an LS1 f-body and decided to use it as a marketing ploy. Buy it and let us know how it goes.

Awaiting Activation
    i don't think its possible. I would say 360 - 370rwhp is the most you will ever see out of a bolt on car. But i'm sending them an email to ask how they do it. I will report back.

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Please do. Thanks.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

price??????????

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

they are a farce. won't tell you what they are doing.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

I thought it was odd they didn't mention any parts.

Black
    '99 SS

I'm sure they can make that dyno sheet say whatever they want.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

maybe 400 at the flywheel.
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate View Post
    http://www.speedengineeringanddyno.com/packages.htm

400 RWHP from bolt ons? Do you guys know anything about this package? That seems too good to be true to me unless they did it on a factory freak LS1 that already had like 330 rwhp.
    well seems like a crock cause they dont explain shit, they act like what they are doing is all top secret. However they do mention that the 400rwhp package was developed on a c5 gen z06 thats more probable, and at the bottom they mention imagine it on an fbody, cause thats probably all anyone will be doing is imagining it cause you probably need a mild cam at least to see these numbers naturally aspirated. Could be possible though to come pretty close with full bolt ons, cause when you say bolt ons that could include intake manifold, throttle body, lt headers, maf, lid, filter, free mods, ram air, exaust, pcm tune and more. im thinkin 380ish sounds more possible with a strong car from the factory done properly, but the thing is that their kit probably doesn't even include the stuff that i've listed avove, what a joke. They are probably quoting the numbers from that zo6 sounds bout right for a c5 zo6 bolt on.

400 RWHP a is easy to get on a Z06 or any LS6 motor with just a few bolt ons
    Stock flywheel HP is 405---Drivetrain loss on a M6 is at most 12% so that puts you STOCK at 356 RWHP ----Headers alone are easily good for 20 RWHP--Thats now 376 RWHP --Conseritively a cold air box & catback exhaust is good for another 16 RWHP putting you at 392 RWHP-So thats 392 with only 3 bolt-ons--you add an underdrive pulley--worth 10 RWHP now you are at 402----So 4 bolt ons only 402 RWHP and these numbers aren't inflated--they are conservative and real--Tuning deffinately reccomended.

Navy Blue
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by tblu92 View Post
    Stock flywheel HP is 405---Drivetrain loss on a M6 is at most 12% so that puts you STOCK at 356 RWHP ----Headers alone are easily good for 20 RWHP--Thats now 376 RWHP --Conseritively a cold air box & catback exhaust is good for another 16 RWHP putting you at 392 RWHP-So thats 392 with only 3 bolt-ons--you add an underdrive pulley--worth 10 RWHP now you are at 402----So 4 bolt ons only 402 RWHP and these numbers aren't inflated--they are conservative and real--Tuning deffinately reccomended.
    Though I agree the z06 can see 400rwhp with bolt-ons.

Thats a whole lot of ricer math.

Catfish for Breakfast Bobby97SS's Avatar

white
    97 SS

Is ricer math the same thing as chinkonometry?

Awaiting Activation
    i sent them an email asking, but they never responded........................

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

never heard of chinkeometry but I have seen jigonometry in action. I got a 6 pack of beer one time and the dude at the store tried a million times to get it in the bag by turning it and twisting it like a fkin rubics cube. I finally took over and showed him how a brown bag made for a 6 pack fits over a 6 pack.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by tblu92 View Post
    We aren't talking about the LS6 here.

And you are giving ballpark numbers. Hard to say for sure what would actually be gained.
    But 400 RWHP is much more believable with an LS6.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black

Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    Could be possible though to come pretty close with full bolt ons, cause when you say bolt ons that could include intake manifold, throttle body, lt headers, maf, lid, filter, free mods, ram air, exaust, pcm tune and more. im thinkin 380ish sounds more possible with a strong car from the factory done properly,

what are you smoking, 380 from just a bolt on car, its never happened, never will.
    im cammed and dont have 380

I have 380 RWHP on an A4 98 heavily modded LS1 corvette (hds& cam)---Using 20% for drivetrain loss which is very accurate puts me at 475 crank HP----So If I had a manual M6 tranny which has only 12% drivetrain loss --it would put me at 418 RWHP---Not smoking anything here but the rear tires-- Accurate and not hard to do--Not only was it easy--I did it with a Calif smog legal cam--.566 lift---.221duration @ .50 & 114 LSA

Black
    98 Trans Am

Take a look at the Nov '06 issue of Car Craft mag. They made 500hp at the flywheel of a stock cubed Ls1 with this: GMPP cnc Ls6 heads, Fast 90mm LsX intake and 90mm throttle body, Comp conical springs, Comp 5/16 pushrods, Crane HR228 Zcam hyd. roller, and Kooks 1 3/4 headers. They also listed the part numbers and price.

If you look at previous issues of car craft when they started with that motor. It was your average LS1 crate motor that was bone stock and it made something like 402 hp at the flywheel. That was a baseline before they started modding it. I believe GM rates this crate motor at something like 340 or 350ish HP? Not too shabby, of course this was no accessories, and a true dual exhaust system rigged for the engine dyno,,but thats pretty typical on an engine dyno. These LS1's make alot more power than GM rates them at. With that kind of flywheel HP it's no surprise why so many of these cars make over 300 hp to the rear wheels bone stock. Larry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information