Sebring Silver
    2000 Z28

Stock SLP Loudmouth

Someone I know has a full stock loudmouth exhaust off an '02 firehawk. He wants to sell me the muffler for 50 bucks, but I already have a flowmaster muffler. Is the stock loudmouth better than the flowmaster in sound and flow? Also, I've heard loudmouth sounds like shit with longtubes, which is what I have, so any enlightenment would be great.
    2000 Silver Z28 w/ Sports Appearance Package, P&P TB, FTRA, Direct Flow Lid, Pace Setter LT's, ORY, Flowmaster 80, TCI 3000 Stall, Trans Go Shift Kit, Computer Tune, Richmond 3.73's, Bilstein suspension, Edelbrock torque arm, UMI Suspension bars, drilled and slotted rotors.

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

It is a bullet style that mounts under the passenger compartment and would not work in a stock location anyway, the flow is better but the sound would be LOUDDDD!!!!

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

You would have to have an exhaust shop fab something up for you. Your best bet if you even wanted MEGAPHONE LOUD is to just buy the catback.

Sebring Silver
    2000 Z28

which he has, but I already have a full catback, and I was unaware of the style of muffler the loudmouth is. I think I'm going to stick with my flowmaster for now, as bad as it flows. I really don't wanna put another penny into this car right now, now that I've got all the parts I need to make it work, besides some coil packs and misc shit.

Cayenne Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6

I have LT's ORY and a loudmouth, and trust me. It's freakin loud. More than just a rumble, it sounds almost like a full racecar at WOT
    1998 Camaro Z28 1LE: TR Cam (plus normal cam install upgrades), Ceramic coated Pacesetter Headers, ORY, SLP Loudmouth (SOOOO Loud), B&M shifter, Lid, All free mods, Tubular Panhard, LS7 Clutch

1978 Firebird: Chevy 350, 4 bolt to many mods to list

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

I think you may be confused. What do you mean by 'stock loudmouth'? The loudmouth exhaust system is an aftermarket part and didn't come 'stock' on any car. It is possible that the Firehawk came with an SLP catback from the factory, but its not the loudmouth system.

Cayenne Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    I think you may be confused. What do you mean by 'stock loudmouth'? The loudmouth exhaust system is an aftermarket part and didn't come 'stock' on any car. It is possible that the Firehawk came with an SLP catback from the factory, but its not the loudmouth system.
    Didn't some of the SS's come with SLP stuff?? I think I read it somewhere, could be wrong.

Sebring Silver
    2000 Z28

I had a feeling that was the case. He messaged me before saying he had the slp catback from the firehawk, and I asked if it was the Loudmouth. He said yeah it was, but obviously he has no idea what he's talking about. I'll stick my the catback I have now, it's gonna be plenty loud for me and I'll have enough power to suit my needs. Hell I'm upgrading from a 3.8 camaro, stock would even be a hell of a difference.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 1LE4ME View Post
    Didn't some of the SS's come with SLP stuff?? I think I read it somewhere, could be wrong.
    You are correct in that some Camaro SS's and Firehawks came with stuff from SLP, but its not specifically the loudmouth system. It came with another kind of SLP catback. The loudmouth system is completely aftermarket and did not come equipped on any SS's or Firehawks.

Cayenne Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    You are correct in that some Camaro SS's and Firehawks came with stuff from SLP, but its not specifically the loudmouth system. It came with another kind of SLP catback. The loudmouth system is completely aftermarket and did not come equipped on any SS's or Firehawks.
    Ahh, thanks for clarifying. I have the loudmouth and it is a freakin loudmouth

Thread Information