nbm
    99 z28

stainless y pipe for pacesetter lt

anyone know of a stainless y pipe that will go along with the pacesetter lt for my 99 z? I have the texas speed y pipe. not liking it so far. plus something stainless will look much better w/ magnaflow exhuast. I looked at the qtp y but they noted will only work with qtp headers. coated pacesetter y would be my next choice i guess. just want something that fits/ looks nice.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Nothing a little sanding and high temp paint cant fix..
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Send your current Y-pipe out and have it jet hot coated.

I wouldn't bother with pacesetter's Y,,,the junction sucks and needs work,,,,from what I have seen the texas speed Y is a better piece in this area and should flow a little better. With that said I'd just coat what ya have.

nbm
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Send your current Y-pipe out and have it jet hot coated.

I wouldn't bother with pacesetter's Y,,,the junction sucks and needs work,,,,from what I have seen the texas speed Y is a better piece in this area and should flow a little better. With that said I'd just coat what ya have.
    never thought about that. think its posible to have it welded up as it sits on the car then take it off, smooth it out and have it coated? the y pipe is in 4 pieces. I wonder how that would look. I'll have to call to call around. I know there is a few places around here that could coat it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyz28 View Post
    never thought about that. think its posible to have it welded up as it sits on the car then take it off, smooth it out and have it coated? the y pipe is in 4 pieces. I wonder how that would look. I'll have to call to call around. I know there is a few places around here that could coat it for me.
    Yes you can weld it while on the car,,,I find thats the best way,,,tack everything into place when it's positioned the way you want,,,then pull it off and weld completely.
    If you find someone that knows how to weld (ie: doesn't look like bubble gum) and then have it coated afterwards,,,it should look quite nice.

I found with the pacesetter anyway that I had to cut and weld it back together to get the Y-pipe to my liking anyway,,,on both cars. So if your like me at all you would be in the same boat. But if I had it to do over again,,and I still may change it,,,,I would go with another brand Y-pipe with better design from the get go. I just haven't had the time or ambition to investigate all the available Y-pipes out there to make a concrete decision.

Thread Information