Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 NBM

Spark PLugs and Wires

What does everybody out there think about AC Delco Iridium plugs and MSD wires?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

That works.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I've used them in everything for quite a few years now.. Never had any issues.. However you'll get other oppinions on the subject..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

silver
    2000 formula

IRs are all i will use now

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I have the ngk tr-6 plugs and msd wires, really woke up my car plus the plugs were really bad in the car, didnt look like they had been changed in years since I bought the car last year in july. I havent had any problems from the set up that I have.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 NBM

Wheren do I find the NGK TR6? I couldn't find them at Summit Racing for my T/A. I was trying to put together an order together with the Summit Racing salesman and he said that there were MSD wires for our car. He said there were 2 for the LS1. One was a spiral core and one was a copper core. The copper core were 59.95 and the spiral core was 128.95. The spiral core were said to be for the pontiac and chevy and the copper was for the chevy. Spiral core is supposed to be better, but do we have to have it for our pontiacs?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 NBM

I started to take out my wires and plugs and I got the 4 on the drivers side no problem. The passenger side, a whole different story. I need to have the hands of a ten year old boy and the strength of a gorilla to get those out. Any help would be appreciated by me and my knuckles.

Sunset Orange
    2001 Z28

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...sity/index.htm

install university has a good write up with pictures even.
    I printed it out and took it out there with me to the garage.

Even had blood stains on it after I was done.

Fun stuff.

I also used the iridium plugs with msd wires. no complaints
    as for anything other than bodywork being different on pontiac vs chevy, it's BS they are both the same car under a different skin.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I ordered my plugs through KY Speed. You can shoot a PM to Mark at "marksls1ta" to check availability.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

pm sent to you, on the package deal I got for my msd and ngk tr-6 plugs.

I like the MSD wires. AC plugs are good quality, but I got away from them due to the fact they no longer offered various heat ranges for the application.
    I use Autolite plugs in either APP form or AR's depending on what I'm doing.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 NBM

I was told by a parts guy that AC Delco and NGK are the same plug, made by the same manufacturer. Any body eard the same. Also I heard that the low resistance in the MSD wires causes radio interferance. Any body experience that? Also, I was told that the stock Delphi wires are the best for our car. I have no experience with any of this. I wanted to run what I have been hearing by forum, to see what your take is on this info. Thanks. I want to get this figured out so I can put them in.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 NBM

jimmi7769. Thanks for the link.

215 heads,ms4cam,102 fast 2000ls1tranz's Avatar

White
    2000 trans am

go ngk-55 plugs

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Ac delcos are a good choice.,
    I'm sure msd cables are a good choice too
    I put on mine ac delco wires. Just garbage.
    I bought some better cables go $45 and the delcos were $125
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by j nix View Post
    I was told by a parts guy that AC Delco and NGK are the same plug, made by the same manufacturer. Any body eard the same. Also I heard that the low resistance in the MSD wires causes radio interferance. Any body experience that? Also, I was told that the stock Delphi wires are the best for our car. I have no experience with any of this. I wanted to run what I have been hearing by forum, to see what your take is on this info. Thanks. I want to get this figured out so I can put them in.

We have had MSD wires on our car for the past several months. No issues with radio interference.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

It took 80,000+ miles to finally burn SOME of the electrode on ONE set of Iridiums.....Just sayin'....

Quote Originally Posted by j nix View Post
    You've been misinformed. NGK's are a Japanese made plug and have nothing to do with ACDelco.
    I stay away from the NGK's, we didn't like how they performed on the dyno. Didn't seem to matter what heat range we went with, we couldn't get a variation in EGR's, they all performed like a hot plug, so they were thrown in the trash. They can send those things back over seas where they came from as far as I'm concerned.
    ACDelco plugs are good quality, but they have swapped around part numbers, some popular numbers aren't even available anymore, and in the process they stopped offering various heat ranges, so I stopped using them as well.

On the wires, I run MSD wires on several cars and have never had any type of radio interfearance.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 NBM

I thought it was odd, about the radio frequency thing. Do MSD wires over stock make much of a difference, Any recorded difference? The stock Delphi wires are supposed to be good. I just got done switching all the plugs and wires. That passenger side was a chore. Removing the air pipe from the manifold, made all the difference in the world. It is funny that when your hand just fits where you need it, that every thing your arms rub against have to be sharp and pointy. If I had the hands of a 10 year old boy this would be so easy.

Well I believe the MSD wires will have less resistance than the stock wires. Less resistance means more energy at the plug. That's the easiest way to explain it.
    Measurable difference? An Ohm meter will show differences, whether the car actually performs better depends on how bad the stock wires were to begin with.
    With these cars as old as they are now, if you were still running stock wires it's probably a good idea to swap them out anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information