Arrest-Me Red
    1998 T/A

spark plug question

I have read 30 spark plug threads and have yet to get an answer...

I see many people like the NGK TR55, Delco Iridium's, and Autolite AR(somethings) for N/A.

I run Nos, 100 shot is what i think i have in right now, depending on where I'm driving/what I'm doing.

I see NGK says "1 step cooler for every +75hp"...well I'm about 350hp-375hp without spray so I'm guessing going with the NGK TR6 would be fine...but I AM running spray and if I do use it, I'll be (for the sake of argument, 425hp) which would put me into their BR7EF plug. So will it be better to get the cooler plug just in case I do decide to hammer down on a Ford or will that adversely affect me going that cold for the majority of driving that isn't done under spray?

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I would just run one step cooler if you spray a lot otherwise I would just stay stock. I will be running BR7EF but I will have over 500rwhp probably closer to 600 and am at 14.1:1 compression which those plugs are really designed for high horsepower with high compression the BR7EF plugs that is.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

I would run a tr6 if you do spray every so often and after a few hundred miles pull a few plus and inspect them. If they come out black and full of carbon go back to a hotter plug and check them again. No definite answer to this just keeping up on it till you find the best for your setup

Arrest-Me Red
    1998 T/A

I guess I just needed to hear someone say it. But that was my failsafe sotosay. Go to the NGK TR6 and just see how they look after driving and then see how they look after spraying. Thanks for the replies guys

Thread Information