Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

so the ebay headers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99...Q5fAccessories

why is it that it keeps reading "header" this was brought to my attention by another member on another thread and well are they only selling one? or was it a type o??

artic white
    2001 trans am ws6

well i have actually looked at this exact e-bay header or headers before. if you scroll down they say HEADER with no S at the end. To be honest I think there trying to make you think that there are 2 headers when there is actually one. but at the same time if there was only one header being sold......wouldnt they atleast tell you if you were going to get the right or left header?

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

yea that is true i know alot of people that have purchased these headers and i havent seen complaints but thats why i started this thread to see the reality of these headers...btw i see u also own an artic white pretty sweet ehh

artic white
    2001 trans am ws6

thanks, she is my baby for sure. its all stock as of now but i just bought new pacesetters headers which should be in the mail in the next 3 days. what kind of mods do you have?

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

my baby is all stock right now i havent came up with the money but "delilah" cant wait to be modded up im going for headers,ory, and borla exhaust...i dnt have alot of money as we speak thats why i was gonna do ebay headers cus i dnt know if i cna afford anyothers..i have heard got reviews about them nothing bad but this kinda caught my attention after i do exhaust i will do cam,push rods, ported heads, intake and what not.

artic white
    2001 trans am ws6

sweet. i want to go a cam swap but i dont know if i want to do other Mods first. the only iffy thing about those headers is that im guessing that there not ceramic coated. and since im still new to this site im not sure how much longer ceramic headers last compared to non-ceramic headers. know what i mean?

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

yea i understand well i mena they are stainless steel tho ive heard they dnt need to be coated if they are stainless steel, but yea well if ur going to do a cam swap u must do exhaust first because its pointless without headers adn exhaust to do a cam swap u need as much are to be pushed out as possible..as for th ecam i dnt have a clue to what cam is best or what cam would be good to put in our cars..

artic white
    2001 trans am ws6

thats understandable. well if you go with those headers definitely let me know how that goes. i mean ya, i already bought my headers but i can atleast let other people know in the future how they are. and the cam...if or when i do i want to change out the heads themselves. also, new valves and springs.....but i hear getting your valves and piston heads ceramic coated is dam good.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Personally...
    The cheapest headers I would get for these cars is the Pacesetters.

Too each their own though.

artic white
    2001 trans am ws6

agreed with that. but i suggest when getting pacesetter headers to go with ceramic coated

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

yea ill give them a try and i will post up whats up with them...i hope i dnt just waste my money tho..iheard the pacesetter ory fits in good with them but i also heard that the pacesetter has fitment problems i dunno......

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

From what I understand theyre all from the same manufacturer they do work well but the egr tubes are poorly welded and tend to fall off. The only advantage those headers have is that theyre stainless. I would go either bbk they have chrome ones with a y pipe for $360 or with pacesetters. Basically u can get these headers plus another 150 for a y or you can spend a little bit more for the bbks that fit perfect and are made in the U.S.

artic white
    2001 trans am ws6

Hell ya, if i can help it ill buy all of my parts American made.

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

ok well im still doing my research quick question bout painted pacesetter headers, how good are these? and i have seen on other threads that its a good idea to blast them or sand them and then paint them with high temperature resistant paint..any suggestions?

black
    1998 camaro

something that I never though of but was reading somewhere was that coated headers tend to hold the heat in and will have more problems with detonation.

In need of another LS1 00blacktransam112's Avatar

Black
    2000 Pontiac TA

i just bought these headers. its the third link down that you posted. DPT motorsports. They were great to deal with, super fast shipping. and it came with two headers BTW. im going to take the EGR and AIR tubes off and plug them because i deleted these. you can throw the paper gaskets away that they come with because they are useless. buy stock GM replacements for 30 bucks and new bolts and you have long tubes for less than $300. cant wait to install them. and since they are stainless, they will turn blue/purple after a while which looks amazing

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans-Am

If you're interested in an alternative http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...54277778261520 I just pulled the trigger on OBX headers and Y, all stainless for 199.00.

OBX has had plenty of good reviews and for 200 how can you go wrong?

artic white
    2001 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    If you're interested in an alternative http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...54277778261520 I just pulled the trigger on OBX headers and Y, all stainless for 199.00.

OBX has had plenty of good reviews and for 200 how can you go wrong?
    those dont look too bad actually but it says there only good for 98-99 F-Body which sucks cause you have people like me who dont own a 98-99 F-Body. But i will say for what you get for only 200......WOW.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by BamBam87 View Post
    those dont look too bad actually but it says there only good for 98-99 F-Body which sucks cause you have people like me who dont own a 98-99 F-Body. But i will say for what you get for only 200......WOW.
    the only difference is those headers have an egr port on them.....you can block that off. Thunder Racing sells the block off for ~$10.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information