red
    2001 pontiac WS6

slp new style long tubes

Hey guys im new to the site and ive been looking online for headers. The slp tuned length ones have my vote so far but i would like to hear some feedback from anyone who has them or anyone who is against them. In april i want to start modding my Ws6 with as many bolt ons as my bank account will allow and i already have the basic slp lid and MAF with bellow,diablo sport predator programmer,borla Y pipe and 3 inch borla exhaust. i want to get my car down to sub 12.4, i ran 13.2 at the track with street tires and a bad start with the few bolt ons i have, oh yea and its an automatic.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Had them. The tuned length ones.
    Total shit and hang WAY too damn low.
    I was on stock springs (stock ride height) when I had them and scraped all over the place.
    Since lowered the car and put Kooks on it. Never touched the new headers.

I would just avoid SLP all together while doing your modding.

Between that SLP MAF and the handheld programmer...I bet you are lean...that is how those items tend to make power.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

say away from SLP. i have their tuned length headers and hate them. i am looking at getting some kooks. what is our budget? if you are looking at slp's you could just as easily get kooks (price wise).

NBM
    1998Z28

SLP= Overpriced. Dynatech and Kooks are two of the best fitting header systems.
    If your really wanting to knock a half a second or better off your 1/4 mile times then your best investment would be a stall convertor.
    TSP 347 SB, TSP Stage 2.5 PRC LS6, TSP MS4, Performabuilt Stage 2 4L60E, Yank PT4000, 4.11s, Fast 90/90, FTRA Cold air intake+all the free mods, Dynatech Supermaxx Exaust System, DMH Cutouts, Hooker Catback/FTRA Tips. Tuned by RPM/Garner NC. 11.28@119

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

arh, qtp,kooks are known for their performance ..if i had to do it all over again i would have got the arh or kooks over my qtp only because the y-pipe hangs ridiculously low.

i would say

1. get good tires
    2. get adjustable panhard bar
    3. adjustable lower control arms with relocation bracket
    4. circle D or yank stall and cooler
    5. headers

trust me you need to build your suspension with or ahead of engine mods ..all the power will not get to the floor with our shitty suspension.
    this list also doesnt address everything either ..if you want to do it right and your car is a DD then look into sub frame connectors, a adjustable torque arm, new shocks and possibly lowering springs (if that is what you are looking to do)

on top of that new engine mounts are extremely suggested for headers to prevent your y pipe from banging.

you get those..and you will be banging on the door for 11s....

98' trans am

what separates 12s and 11s is the proper suspension..so keep that in mind...but to get back to the subject

slp= shit line performance .......they are over priced and tend to be based on old outdated models ..the old style of headers from them were god awful ...the clearance and flow was sub pair for any long tube, let alone for the price..i know the new style is improved and is no longer based on the old models ..but still..in general stay away from slp, there are better alternatives out there

red
    2001 pontiac WS6

nice

well geez thanks guys i think u just saved me like 1500 bux. And yes i did plan on lowering my car like 1.5 inches or so but i havent done the research yet. When i do, i want to get the right springs and shocks to make sure they are the best. And when it comes to the headers....i want the best ones out there......good quality and power gains, if there more expensive then ill just save up more money because i am a believer of getting what u paid for.

98' trans am

well for lowering, koni and strano springs

Thread Information