Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Single cutout placement with y-pipe...where

Where is the most common spot? I see some have put it under the passenger seat, but I am not sure if that is right cuz I'd have one side of the exhaust free flowing and the other isn't. Then it seems a bit close to the o2 sensor. I don't need another o2 sensor to go bad.

I'm supposed to put it just before the exhaust goes over the axle then? Probably won't gain much power, just noise and a cool factor?

NBM
    2000 Trans Am Ws6 #2946

I believe the most common spot is at the intermediate pipe between the Y and the catback. It places the cutout under the rear passenger foot well. Seems the easiest place, and far enough from the O2's to not cause any concerns. I'm not sure of true gains, but I know my car reacts differently at different points when wide open versus closed.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 666ws6 View Post
    I believe the most common spot is at the intermediate pipe between the Y and the catback. It places the cutout under the rear passenger foot well. Seems the easiest place, and far enough from the O2's to not cause any concerns. I'm not sure of true gains, but I know my car reacts differently at different points when wide open versus closed.

I just bought a DMH E cut out. I did not buy it to make me go any faster. That was not the intent with this purchase. I bought it with the sole intention of making my car louder. In my eyes, a cut out is a loud mod. It may add a few HP's.... Just not what I call a HP mod.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post

I just bought a DMH E cut out. I did not buy it to make me go any faster. That was not the intent with this purchase. I bought it with the sole intention of making my car louder. In my eyes, a cut out is a loud mod. It may add a few HP's.... Just not what I call a HP mod.
    i picked up a little over a .1 with that mod..i was stock..minus the catback..

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 666ws6 View Post
    my car is much more "throttle harsh"...a more violent acceleration and it does react much more different at different rpms

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Well, I take that back. It might add some HP. How consistent were your times before? Depending on how restrictive your exhaust is, a cut out might add more or less. Does sound good though, thats not debateable.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Well, I take that back. It might add some HP. How consistent were your times before? Depending on how restrictive your exhaust is, a cut out might add more or less. Does sound good though, thats not debateable.
    i've actually been very consistant throughout all of my upgrades from stock to where i am now...last year at the track day..i got second in the closest time thingy...i was .005 off..but the guy i go with ,steve, got a .003 i could have won 50 bucks

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

My DMH is in the mail....

I'm sure there needs to be a power and a ground with the wiring. I figured I would just tap into the fuse box for the power (maybe the horn or turn signal fuse)..good idea or not?

Also, is there anywhere I can find a cigarette lighter hole replacement...I wanna mount the switch in there somehow
    Last edited by allbaugh_04; 04-14-2009 at 04:44 AM.

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

QTP 3" single cut out, WHERE to add?

I just bought a QTP 3" single cut out on ebay it should be here anyday. I was thinking of adding it after the y pipe in the 3" long pipe before the axle in my flowmaster catback. Like where an SLP loudmouth muffler would go, is this the right place. Especially cause in the future I plan on swapping the stock manifolds, cats & y pipe for SLP Long tubes with high flow cats and y pipe. Also, where do you run the wire to open the electric cutout, into the cockpit? I was thinking up throught the shifter, not sure though. Thanks.
    Last edited by nillam1; 04-20-2009 at 07:40 PM.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    I just bought a QTP 3" single cut out on ebay it should be here anyday. I was thinking of adding it after the y pipe in the 3" long pipe before the axle in my flowmaster catback. Like where an SLP loudmouth muffler would go, is this the right place. Especially cause in the future I plan on swapping the stock manifolds, cats & y pipe for SLP Long tubes with high flow cats and y pipe. Also, where do you run the wire to open the electric cutout, into the cockpit? I was thinking up throught the shifter, not sure though. Thanks.
    Yes that is the i-pipe.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    I haven't done mine yet, but i think there is a rubber grommet that you can push the wire through. There is a place right by the rear seats footwell.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Yes, I would run the wiring threw the shifter area. I already have a 1" hole cut with grommet from my LC1 install. I will just run mine through there. Buy some grommets and maybe cut a small hole. Or im sure you could snake it up there without cutting a hole.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    My DMH is in the mail....

I'm sure there needs to be a power and a ground with the wiring. I figured I would just tap into the fuse box for the power (maybe the horn or turn signal fuse)..good idea or not?

Also, is there anywhere I can find a cigarette lighter hole replacement...I wanna mount the switch in there somehow
    there is a Accesory port in the fuse box that works perfect....

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Yea I was thinking that...so what about the switch guys. I wanna make this look nice.

Slowass SUX!!

09 Sierra Denali AWD
    2001 T/A WS6 NBM

i put mine behide the Y....there is a place behide the Y that the body does not hang as low and fits perfect...you can not see it unless you are on the ground...no chance it hits or drags anything

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Yea I was thinking that...so what about the switch guys. I wanna make this look nice.

i put mine beside my right leg, outa sight outa mind.....

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

ic ic...thanks

Slowass SUX!!

09 Sierra Denali AWD
    2001 T/A WS6 NBM

I put my switch right under the truck release button...easy to wire it to fuse box then with "add a circuit"

Thread Information