Yellow
    2002 Trans Am CE

Returning to factory exhaust??

I just bought a 2002 CETA with 13,000 miles with the last 6,000 put on in the last 6 months. The first owner left the car all stock but the second owner made the changes and used the car as an every day driver. He also put on SLP air box and SLP loudmouth exhaust system so the car has no cats etc. just one SLP muffler and pipes. It also has the SLP intake lid and a granniteli MAF sensor. That is the only changes from stock that I can find.

What I would like to do is return it to stock if possible. Does anyone know how much this might cost and how hard it would be to do. I like the sound but would really like to be able to return to stock later. I think all I need is just the upper stock lid for the air box and a stock MAF, but the exhaust I really have no idea where to start or the cost.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

If the previous owner only put on the lid and didn't change the lower portion of the air box, you can get a Ram Air stickered lid pretty cheap on ebay. Figure at or less than $40 for a nice one if you are patient and watch the listings for a while. If they cut the lower air box to allow more air from the bottom and you want to replace the lower, it will cost from $150 - 200 or so for a really nice one. Be careful shopping them as the lower for a Ram Air car is taller than the normal LS1 cars and it can be hard to tell in some ad photos. Ask for them to hold up a ruler to the air box front opening. It should measure about 1-3/4" high if it is a real Ram Air lower box.

Finding a used but still nice exhaust might be as easy as asking around here or watching your local Craigslist. They tend to be pretty cheap when you can find one. A lot of us kept the originals and they are (like mine) sitting in the garage. Of course most of us also cut the exhaust pipe right where it bends to go over the axle to take them it off. Easy fix at an exhaust shop.

Good luck.
    ATI Procharger, SFCs, Y-pipe, LM2, BBK Shorty Headers, Corvette N73 Magnesium Wheels, 4th Circle Designs Stripe and Overlay kit

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Other than my cats, I have the entire stock exhaust from our '02 in my lower garage. I also have a stock lid for the ram air style box. PM me if you are interested. I think some friends are heading to Summit within the next couple of weeks and you could come pick it up there.

This is it before removal:

The mid-pipe has to be cut for removal (and installation) but a simple band clamp will put it all back together:

Thread Information