White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Raising the SLP Lid

Well i did this on my 01 SS back in the day not sure if it helps or not but just did it today on my 01Z as well, i just put something underneath the 4 screws to lift up the bod so the opening is bigger. I was able to get an additional half an inch or almost half an inch doing this. Its alot bigger because my hand easily goes inside the opening when before it would only go in up to my knuckles if that makes any sense, sorry bad example. Is there a real benefit in doing this ? I thought i wouldnt be able to do it but the hood closes perfect just by letting it go it will shut just like before, thought there would be major rubbing and would have to force the hood to close but to my suprise its just as good as before.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

BLACK
    2002, CAMARO Z28

I did the same thing a week ago.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Mine leaves a mark on my hood and the top of the lid

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Im sure mine will leave a mark as well, i just opened the hook a few times and closed it to check for clearance issues. I think once i open it and close it a few times and drive it long enough ill start seeing the rubbing on the hood. I dont know if its a worth while mod since there are no dyno numbers to prove it works and probably wont ever be to prove it either since your on a dyno machine and not in a real world driving to take advantage of the mod.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

I took my dremil and cut the openings out so they were bigger. With my hood I cannot lift my box up any since the hood sits so low.

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

why dont you just get the slp induction peice that goes in front of the radiator and get more and fresh air? sorry don't know if will direct you you but just copy and paste it.
    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 99z-28 View Post
    why dont you just get the slp induction peice that goes in front of the radiator and get more and fresh air? sorry don't know if will direct you you but just copy and paste it.
    I have plans on sealing my air box and lid to the nostrils on the hood.

BLACK
    2002, CAMARO Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 99z-28 View Post
    Or make one for dirt cheap.
    http://www.evlls1.com/installs/install-coldair.pdf

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

what do you guys use to seal really well around the SLP lid, i was thinking of running electrical tape accross the seam of the lid, its easy to pull off without it leaving too much residue and easy to use. Any other suggestions, im sure there are much better ideas its the only thing i can come up for now im sure if i think about it more i can come up with other stuff that would be far better to use but would like to see whats the best way to seal it up were it only pull in air from the opening.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Someone said they did the same thing when they retuned a guys car and it definatley helps, the guy also said a ftra or ssra would work better-for cold air, but hey washers are cheaper than aftermarket.

white
    2000 Z28

my k&n lid came with an air box gasket that sealed up the lid to the box as far as i can tell. but mine rubs on the hood also. and im not really familiar with the raising the lid. i just did the free ram air mod.
    2000 white z28, t-tops, free mods, intake, full exhaust, dyno tune, repro c5 z06 wheels, and some elbow grease here and there.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Basically there are 4 screws on the whole assembly silver ones, 2 on each side. I took them out and put spacers underneath which raised the whole assembly upward and made the opening bigger and just re-used the same screws since they are long enough to grab the threads again. This is not a pic of my camaro just googled to find this pic and using this as an example

Thread Information