Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Question Radiator Expansion Tank Hose

My 2000 T/A has the stock overflow expansion tank directly under the battery. The hose going from the radiator to this expansion tank is very flimsy and feels like it will let go any day. I was wondering if it was possible to replace only the hose? The tank itself is in good condition, but see that there is what looks like an aluminum crimp fitting connecting the aluminum tube to the rubber hose. I don't think there is enough room for a screw type hose fitting clamp to fit in the channel underneath the battery. How would I replace the hose? Thanks in advance for any solutions!
    Ported/Polished throttle body, Lingenfelter launch module, SLP line lock, QTP exhaust cutout, LS7 clutch, K&N, Ceramic coated longtubes, no cats, 3" exhaust, Flowmaster "B", Eibach springs, Midwest Chassis 9" rearend w/4.10's

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Radiator Expansion Tank Hose

yes you can. it is standard coolant hose. 2 clamps are what hold it.

You may have to remove the battery to get to the lower clamp IIRC.

The house is normally flexible.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Red

I see the top clamp near the radiator neck, and my battery is already out, and see the other clamp, but the lower clamp that is beneath the battery does not look serviceable. It looks like it's clamped and not removable. Yes, the normal hose is flexible, but mine is looking paper thin, not nearly as thick as a new hose would be. Still trying to find out how to remove/replace the lower clamp under the battery....Thanks Scott.

Red

Well, I purchased 3/8 hose, and had no problem attaching it to the top radiator neck fitting, but the bottom connection underneath the battery was another story. I got out my dremel tool and put a slimline cutting wheel on it. I lifted up the aluminum line beneath the battery that lays in the tunnel groove and proceeded to cut the aluminum crimp with the cutting wheel being careful to not go too deep, just deep enough to see black rubber. Peeled the aluminum crimp off the fitting and pulled the hose off the aluminum nipple. Got an Ideal screw type hose clamp and clamped the new rubber hose onto the aluminum line. It was thin enough to go down into the tunnel underneath the battery. The hose clamp excess needed to be stuffed down into the tunnel. Job done.

Thread Information