Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Angry Racetronix Fuel Pump Wiring Harness Instructions

I've made a mistake. I ordered a Racetronix fuel pump kit direct from Racetronix. Kit arrived fine and the parts look great. Only problem is there are no instructions for the wiring harness and optional parts (ground strap and pump booster interface) that I ordered. I can probably figure it out but I kind of like to start with understanding how they were designed to work. I've been trying to get in touch with them but realized there is no phone number or email address on the web site anywhere. They do send you in some very interesting circles clicking links but never actually getting you anywhere near a point of contact. I signed up to get access to their forum as directed on the web site, also no response. Stupid of me to think that if they sell their own parts direct they would have some interest in making sure their customers are taken care of and have what they need. I just sent an request to their forum administrator asking them to approve my account request (this is where they say they have all the answers to your questions). Got this great answer.

"This e-mail account is to report technical difficulties with our web site only. The webmaster doesn't provide technical support for Racetronix products. Technical support is provided to REGISTERED users on our support forum only If you have already registered and verified your e-mail please wait for an admin to authorize your access. You will not be able to browse the forum until such time. Users must post their problem in the appropriate forum section so a tech may work with you to resolve the issue and if required authorize warranty. Please do not try to bypass our support system. Racetronix order and sales dept do not provide technical support and are not authorized to provide warranty service / replacements."

If anyone has the instructions for the wiring harness for the 99-02 F body, I would really appreciate you sharing a copy. If anyone knows the secret to making contact with a human at Racetronix I would appreciate that also.

Lesson learned, don't buy Racetronix stuff from Racetronix.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Racetronix Fuel Pump Wiring Harness Instructions

let me look in my files
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Try this
    Attached Files Attached Files

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Speaking of fuel pump swaps, I don't think I ever received a solid response as to whether the stock FPR is adjustable. It has a torx bolt on it that seems like it should adjust the pressure, but I was too chicken to mess with it.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    Try this
    Thanks, but I'm actually looking for the install instructions for the wiring bundle itself. They are supposed to exist and show where it is supposed to be run and which bolts to connect the ground wires to on the chassis. I'm also interested in how to run the optional battery to chassis ground. I'm sure I'll figure it out but it sure would be easier to have the instructions first. The picture seems to explain where everything goes until you lay it out and then it doesn't exactly seem to fit or make sense to me. Probably a combination of overcautious and overthinking. For instance, the two main plugs at the end of the bundle look like they both go to the top of the fuel pump. The other end of the bundle goes to the positive terminal near the battery. So what the heck connects this to the vehicle systems to key on the power? Also there is a power take off point for a pump booster. Looks like just a power lead with no signal wire for the pump. I'm installing a Procharger with a booster pump and was hoping to use that but the wire looks smaller gauge than what Procharger includes with their system so I'm most likely going with what they supplied.
    ATI Procharger, SFCs, Y-pipe, LM2, BBK Shorty Headers, Corvette N73 Magnesium Wheels, 4th Circle Designs Stripe and Overlay kit

Black

This one?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Mine is for a 98' do you still want it? It's different then what Ed posted.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    This one?
    Thanks, I think that is what I'm looking for. On the road right now will look things over when I get back. Is this for the 99 and up harness?

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Mine is for a 98' do you still want it? It's different then what Ed posted.
    No, there are some big differences between the 98 and the 99 and up kits. Thanks!

Black

Yes, I run the dual-pump kit
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD