wheelin' and dealin' BlueBomber's Avatar

NBM
    01 SS M6

Quoted $800 for true duals?

I was quoted 800 bucks for a TD custom fab dumped before the axle, which includes 2 magnaflow high flow cats, and two magnaflow or flowmaster mufflers. They said they wont install the headers so ill have to have another shop do that part since I don't have the tools. Anyway, is this a good deal? Anyone know of a better deal somewhere in Phoenix? Thanks in advance

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

I'd say thats about right if it was including the cats and mufflers and using stainless pipe. Otherwise, no. Personally, I'd just get the Bassani TD setup. Its right around the same price, has a built in X and doesn't hang low.

But honestly, if you have the capability to do the headers and such yourself, do it. The tools needed can be acquired for equal to, if not less than installation would cost. Just my opinion. Besides, you have to know SOMEBODY with some tools...

White
    2001 WS6

I got my true dual set up done for 500 which included 2.5in into an X-pipe and thats out the back with some bullets. Ide say shop around a little more and try and get a good deal.

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBomber View Post
    I was quoted 800 bucks for a TD custom fab dumped before the axle, which includes 2 magnaflow high flow cats, and two magnaflow or flowmaster mufflers. They said they wont install the headers so ill have to have another shop do that part since I don't have the tools. Anyway, is this a good deal? Anyone know of a better deal somewhere in Phoenix? Thanks in advance
    I got the tsp duals. they work out pretty well. had to get an exhaust shop to do some fab on the part that comes off the heads to make it fit on an lt1, but it doesn't hang too low and sounds like a demon.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

I paid $400 for 3" pipe with an h pipe and flowamster single chambers, but the exhaust shop didn't do it like I wantes and it scrapes on everything!!! I took it back and told them I want it done right and they refused and said, "it's the best we could do." I had a few choice words with them, and I am now plotting on burning down their garage lol

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    I paid $400 for 3" pipe with an h pipe and flowamster single chambers, but the exhaust shop didn't do it like I wantes and it scrapes on everything!!! I took it back and told them I want it done right and they refused and said, "it's the best we could do." I had a few choice words with them, and I am now plotting on burning down their garage lol
    Ya i've seen some pretty bad TD jobs. I think the worst one is when the mufflers aren't even lined up with each other (i.e. crooked).

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Ya i've seen some pretty bad TD jobs. I think the worst one is when the mufflers aren't even lined up with each other (i.e. crooked).
    My mufflers are pretty close, but the turnouts are different lengths...? I'm pretty pissed and I'm just gonna take it to a friend of a friend that I'm told does exellent work and he said he can try and tweak some stuff to make it fit better. I gotta get the mufflers out under the bumper cause they hit on every little bump.

I'm goin under the axle and out the back by the way, so hpefully that will help a little.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by 346DubS6 View Post
    I got my true dual set up done for 500 which included 2.5in into an X-pipe and thats out the back with some bullets. Ide say shop around a little more and try and get a good deal.
    Under or over the axle...?

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    My mufflers are pretty close, but the turnouts are different lengths...? I'm pretty pissed and I'm just gonna take it to a friend of a friend that I'm told does exellent work and he said he can try and tweak some stuff to make it fit better. I gotta get the mufflers out under the bumper cause they hit on every little bump.

I'm goin under the axle and out the back by the way, so hpefully that will help a little.
    On my old '94 Z28 I had SLP Long-tubes, custom X-pipe w/ Borla tubing and SLP cat, and Borla 2.5" Sportsman oval mufflers w/ tailpipes over the axle. I had a premier exhaust shop down here do it and it turned out very well. I prefer the tailpipes over dumps.

Thread Information