Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quiet mufflers to run with duals?

Looking to find out what mufflers are REALLY quiet, like stock quiet, with headers and 2.5 inch over the axle duals.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

quietest bullet style would probably be moroso spiral flows.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

. . .stock quiet. . .

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Won't find anything quiet with duals.

I run Magnaflows on mine though. Tame, but you can hear me when I get on it. But sounds like a loud catback with shorties otherwise.
    I am not 100% on how loud it is though. Never heard it WOT outside of my car. But I can still hear the radio WOT....

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

If you want a really quiet single muffler maybe you could try some Flowmasters?
    Any muffler that would be small enough to run 2 of will not be that quiet

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

You will LOVE magnaflows muffler! It is perfect in every way!!! Its not loud and obnoxious, its not quiet like stock, its just, well , perfectly sounding mufflers!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jrgswhitels1 View Post
    You will LOVE magnaflows muffler! It is perfect in every way!!! Its not loud and obnoxious, its not quiet like stock, its just, well , perfectly sounding mufflers!
    Lots of people reccommend those, so I ordered some 6" round Magnaflows for my dual exhaust setup. Its getting fabbed up at the end of the week, I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Here is the link, I got part #12616.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=302

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Here is mine with Magnaflows.

First clip is a 2002 Z06 with Bassani exhaust (Z06-Goose), then a 2002 WS.6 with LT's, GMMG, and a blower (DanWS6), and my car driving by the camera.
    Second clip is WOT from inside the cab on street tires.
    Third clip is WOT 60-95 from outside the car.

Youtube says it is still processing. No idea when it will be ready. And I can't wait for it.

Supercharged Ricer
    2005 Supercharged Tiburon

The quietest set that I ever tested were a set of the oval Borla XR-1s.

http://www.ls1sounds.com/true_duals/...mped_00Z28.wmv

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

thanks guys, I'll listen when the chick isn't asleep. Basically we're going for a pretty badd sleeper with a 224R on a 116 and we wanna make sure there is no cam in the exhaust, or even any mean in the exhaust at all

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Here is mine with Magnaflows.

First clip is a 2002 Z06 with Bassani exhaust (Z06-Goose), then a 2002 WS.6 with LT's, GMMG, and a blower (DanWS6), and my car driving by the camera.
    Second clip is WOT from inside the cab on street tires.
    Third clip is WOT 60-95 from outside the car.

Youtube says it is still processing. No idea when it will be ready. And I can't wait for it.
    I just watched the video, sounds great man

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Thanks.
    Took a while to get it the way I wanted...

Funny, all I needed was Magnaflows.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Lots of people reccommend those, so I ordered some 6" round Magnaflows for my dual exhaust setup. Its getting fabbed up at the end of the week, I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Here is the link, I got part #12616.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=302
    I used 14616 round MagnaFlow mufflers on my over the axle duals. I placed one on each side of the rear tub. The sound or loudness isn't stock quiet but the car is not loud either. The police here have never given me a second look as I go by. Of-course, I don't rev the engine or stand on the loud peddle as I go by either. As long as you drive normally, the MagnaFlows will hold the noise down to a bit louder than stock sound. The sound that comes from those MagnaFlow's is a sweet sound that only comes from an LS-1. Oh, I forgot to tell you that the mufflers that I and Wesman are talking about are straight through, noise cancelling mufflers. With the 12616's or the 14616's, you get the benefit of a straight through exhaust flow with out the loud noise. Should you deside not to try them, once you hear the tone and other advantages that you did not go with, you will say to yourself, "I wish that I had taken those guys advise."

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

i'd like to hear yours JEB. also do you have a pic from straight behind, he doesn't want to see a huge muffler back there on each side. I like to see my flows just like they are

I need to get clips of mine up, tons of people ask me about the over the axle duals with 1 chamber flows. Mine are also on each side of the tub

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

I don't know how to post a picture on here. I have ground effects on my SS, so the mufflers don't show. However, if you are affraid that the MagnaFlows might show, Go with a 4 inch round MagnaFlows. They have the same design as the 6 inch round. Due to the difference in the diam. (and quieting material the 4 inch round may be a little louder, but not much. The number on that one is 10416. Go here and look at it. http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=302
    JEB

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JEB View Post
    I used 14616 round MagnaFlow mufflers on my over the axle duals. I placed one on each side of the rear tub. The sound or loudness isn't stock quiet but the car is not loud either. The police here have never given me a second look as I go by. Of-course, I don't rev the engine or stand on the loud peddle as I go by either. As long as you drive normally, the MagnaFlows will hold the noise down to a bit louder than stock sound. The sound that comes from those MagnaFlow's is a sweet sound that only comes from an LS-1. Oh, I forgot to tell you that the mufflers that I and Wesman are talking about are straight through, noise cancelling mufflers. With the 12616's or the 14616's, you get the benefit of a straight through exhaust flow with out the loud noise. Should you deside not to try them, once you hear the tone and other advantages that you did not go with, you will say to yourself, "I wish that I had taken those guys advise."
    The exhaust shop that is installing my TD's is having a little issue with the fitment of the mufflers. I asked about this in my other thread, but I was juust curious as to what you did. The 6" round muffler doesn't fit between the rear tub and the passenger side spare tire well. The weld from the spare tire well protrudes into the space where the muffler needs to be, forcing it off center. The guy doing my exhaust said he would try and hammer the spare tire well's sheetmetal lip back so it would fit, is that what you had to do to get the 6" to fit on your car as well??

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Mr Luos... Did I catch the sound of a rev limiter a couple times in there? Sounded good though man!
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    The exhaust shop that is installing my TD's is having a little issue with the fitment of the mufflers. I asked about this in my other thread, but I was juust curious as to what you did. The 6" round muffler doesn't fit between the rear tub and the passenger side spare tire well. The weld from the spare tire well protrudes into the space where the muffler needs to be, forcing it off center. The guy doing my exhaust said he would try and hammer the spare tire well's sheetmetal lip back so it would fit, is that what you had to do to get the 6" to fit on your car as well??

No hammering the spare tire well. The muffler will not set straight. The mufflers that come from the factory on our cars have twin out lets on each side. Do you know why? That's right, the passangers side pipe does not come out the same distance from the outside of the car as the drivers side pipe does. That is why there are twin outlets on each side of the factory dual outlet muffler. Also, if you will notice, the factory twin tip extentions are designed with that off set in mind. One set designed for the right side and one designed for the left side. each side different. So, I would suggest off set dual outlet extentions.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

we hammered the sides of the trunk well, cause I don't have t-tops.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by KITTvsKARR View Post
    Mr Luos... Did I catch the sound of a rev limiter a couple times in there? Sounded good though man!
    Yup. Hit it once in first.

Thing spins up so fast once it breaks the tires loose....

Thread Information