Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about spark plug wires?

Ok well i bought some ac delco iridums and i was going to order aftermaket wires to put on after i installed the plugs well... i broke a wire so i didnt want to run on 7 spark plugs so i went and got some 7mm premium wires from napa with a lifetime warrenty all the places in town only had 7mm wires.. well i went and started my car up i olny did the driver side today because of time and it ran about the same alil rough at idle!! so do you think i just bought some cheap ass wires( which where 63 dollars) or will they be fine on my stock set up. i just dont want my car to kick at idle any more rpms dont jump i just feel a miss i dunno if its because im still on the stockers on the other side too? oh and i have 77k on the car it looks like it had the original denso plugs

black
    02 z28

63 dollars were for cheap wires?? you should have just went and got some MSD wires for that much.

yea but i couldnt find any localy?? so i guess im using the napa premium wires haha.. shit.. o well do you think you can realy tell a difference on a near stock car?

Change the rest of the plugs and use your new wires and see what happens - gotta run better than stock wires and original densos - who knows, plugs might have been changed before, and they didn't change #8 or something????

Hey i see your from j ville also i was wondering if you could possable help me get to my number 8 plug sometime i just cant see how someone can get to it with the stock manifolds? i think im just going to ride with the other ones changed untill i can find someone to help me get to that last one.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Personaly i would just pull the motor to get plug number 8
    I use either a swivel from up top or try and go in from the bottom, I like pullin them from the bottom thou seems easier. People also pull the coil pack off saying it gives more clearence but i dont see the need too.
    just my op.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

black
    02 z28

a swivel socket is your friend, you can easily get to the last plugs.

as far as msd cables, do you not have an autozone around?

hmm damn lol yea i didnt check autozone because thier about 30 mins away from where i am.. but i think im gonna call them up and get those tomarro and take back my old wires if autozone has the wires i want. but i replaced 7 plugs and wires. it runs smooth when i get it going but at idle i mean it misses i have no clue why like a little worse than it did before i changed the plugs or maybe about the same amount? so could it be another problem or should i just get rid of those plug wires i purchased and get the msd's. let me know thanks for all the help guys.

ya im going to clean the tb next because i dont see how some oem replace plug wires can cause problems and its from napa with a lifetime warrenty so they should work good at least. yea i just tried pulling one of the wires and that shits like already stuck on haha so i guess i might be using those for a second untill i get long tubes.

Damn your so right.. i mean i put some on the plugs but obviously not enough. lol so im going to clean out the tb and hope for the best i guess?? its pissin me off but i dont have a miss at anytime through out my rpm so i dont think its hurting performance.. o well i just have to get over it. but let me know if you think you know what might be causing my miss at idle. thanks

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

good idea. did you set the gap on plugs?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I strongly disagree.

no i didnt actauly check the gap my friend works at advanced and told me to not even try to check the gap that its already pregap'd. but i think my pcm might be advancing my timing because the old plugs were very worn down to where the gap was actauly visably off from the electrode being so worn so i think this could of caused something so im going to actauly try it tonight along with my new slp lid!! so ill let ya'll know how it goes thanks .

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by kage 62005
    What do u know, u drive a Dodge. Dodge boy
    Your ignorant. Please shut TF up.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by kage 62005
    I expected this kind of response from a dodge girl, i guess you are one. later........ just
    I also expected this response out of someone who has "judas Priest" as avatar. I have no idea who the hell these fags are but i have a strange feeling you look like the one to the right, starin at some dude in leather. Be proud of your queer self.http://www.ls1.com/forums/attachment...&d=1150956146e
    Last edited by Hi-Po; 03-04-2007 at 09:18 AM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

later.........

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Your girls face is hit! I guess ide hit that, with two paper bags over her face. Tell her i congradulate her on her supreme job as a hostess whore. hahaha,

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Chill out

Maroon
    86 Trans Am

mopar dont go far with out a tow bar

Thread Information