Arctic White
    2001 WS.6

Question about high flow cats

After my heads/cam swap I have been getting a lot more carbon collecting on my rear bumper. Right now I have long tubes and a ory but was thinking a cat would help with my problem. Any ideas or suggestions?

Red
    98 Trans Am

I would recommend High flow cats on a ORY. For one, it clears up the rasp and it cuts down on unburnt fumes. What ever you do, DONT buy anything over $100 for BOTH. Anything over that is highway robbery. Yes magnaflow and slp sell them.. blah blah blah. The truth of the matter is nothing is gonna work nearly as good as your stock cats. If you not worry about the SES light then this shouldnt be an issue. But if you are, nothing will ever keep it off forever. Im running into luck that my $30 ebay HF cats are keeping it off for now but it gets kicked on every so often and i delete the code it throws every now and then. Get it tuned out completely if you if bugs you.
    The job of all Highflow cats are the same. Heat up enought to catch and burn unspent exhaust fumes and smooth out sound. Also, if your car gets visually inspected from time to time, unless they do CARB legal, you should be fine. (sorry cali peeps).
    I did long tubes with a ORY install and didnt like smelling like a gas station plus i moved to Germany and thought i needed cats so I got some cheap $30 HF cats. They welded in just fine at the collectors and i still have all my O2 provisions hooked up. It smoothes out the tone alot. No more rasp.
    Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 12-02-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Arctic White
    2001 WS.6

I'm not concerned with a SES because I am tuned, but the carbon and gas smell is starting to get to me. Do I need a cat on each header or can I just slap a single one on the Y pipe?

Red
    98 Trans Am

its best to get two and get them as close as possible to the collector if possible.

Thread Information