no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

QTP headers. whos got em?

i want a review from those who have them if at all possible. ive read good things. high velocity merge collectors

just wondering....can you justify them over say kooks or stainless works??? if you have stainless works or kooks, why those over qtp or other stainless longtubes?

2002 transam ws6

I have the qtp headers. They fit real nice and look good. i chose those over the kook's because of price was the main reason. I have a problem with mine right now though. I have 2 exhaust leaks on the headers themselves where the primary goes into the hvmc. There is a weld missing so i have holes in the same place on both headers. I'm waiting for them to call me back to resolve issue.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by barnac0 View Post
    I have the qtp headers. They fit real nice and look good. i chose those over the kook's because of price was the main reason. I have a problem with mine right now though. I have 2 exhaust leaks on the headers themselves where the primary goes into the hvmc. There is a weld missing so i have holes in the same place on both headers. I'm waiting for them to call me back to resolve issue.
    I've read alot about that happening lately and QTP failes to see it as a problem.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I got QTP's and they are great. They fit perfect and don't hang low.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by barnac0 View Post
    So, you put the headers on even though you noticed that they were not completely welded shut? You should always look the product over before install!

Black
    01 ws6

I have the QTPs on my O1 TA. I can't say enough good stuff about these headers. Installed with their crapy Y pipe and no cats they sound great. I have even had compliments like that sounds great, or fuck is that ever loud. Just quiet enough to pull out of my neighborhood politely. Best sounding header I have ever had...

2002 transam ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    So, you put the headers on even though you noticed that they were not completely welded shut? You should always look the product over before install!
    No I didn't put them on. The shop I bought them through put them on. I didn't find out about the leak until Thunder Racing was working on it.

Thread Information