2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

Problem with my install

Ok well fitment was great i have obx headers..lpp ory, and magnaflow catback..fitment was great was my first time doing anything exhuast related..was a PITA, bruises,scratches cuts burns everything now i see why people rather pay than diy, well anyways everything fit great one problem, when i start it up something rattles i went down to check tightened everything more checked the braces down there they are tight then i dunno but it is kinda raspy i dont know if that is supposed to happen, another thing is when i did a test drive and i stoped at a red light the engine kind of jumped a little like if i had a cam and i notice its doing it every couple seconds or so its not all the time is it maybe a spark plug no tight enough or a cable kind of lose??

this is a very long question but i hope someone can help

2002 Camaro Z28

Do you have some exhaust leaks? The only clamps I could find that actually worked were the lap joint style band clamps. Before using those mine leaked at every joint and sounded bad. As for the rough running, look closely at the plug wires when it is acting up to see if any are arcing you will probably hear a snapping sound if they are. When I did my install I used Taylor race wires and they lasted about an hour before they started arcing on headers, they were very poorly made and I would recommend using a good quality replacement wire if that is your issue.

2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

i got lapjoints as well.. hmmm ill check the plugs tommorow first thing

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

did you keep or delete any AIR parts?

the reason i ask is maybe you forgot to plug a vacuum line and are sucking in un meterd air.

Also does the jumping happen during exceleration or while at a stop light or while you are in park?
    Last edited by damianj03; 03-27-2010 at 02:45 PM.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Quote Originally Posted by Ws6islife View Post
    Ok well fitment was great i have obx headers..lpp ory, and magnaflow catback..fitment was great was my first time doing anything exhuast related..was a PITA, bruises,scratches cuts burns everything now i see why people rather pay than diy, well anyways everything fit great one problem, when i start it up something rattles i went down to check tightened everything more checked the braces down there they are tight then i dunno but it is kinda raspy i dont know if that is supposed to happen, another thing is when i did a test drive and i stoped at a red light the engine kind of jumped a little like if i had a cam and i notice its doing it every couple seconds or so its not all the time is it maybe a spark plug no tight enough or a cable kind of lose??

this is a very long question but i hope someone can help

It may be your Y pipe hitting the bottom of your car a little, and as far as the sound i was told the tone of it will change once it has been broken in. So wait a few weeks on that but find that vibration because that won't fix itself

black
    02 ss camaro

Check and make sure the y-pipe is not laying on the cross brace that is bolted to the under-body directly under the driveshaft.Chances are it is and you will have to modify the brace to get it to clear.

Thread Information