black
    84 K5 Blazer w/ LS1

Pre 01 vs 01+ LS1

I saw dyno results that show the 01+ LS1 has more torque and horsepower lower in the rpm range than the earlier LS1 even though the cam is more mild. Is this due entirely to the LS6 intake and will the pre 01 LS1 be even better than 01+ with a LS6 intake because of the better cam? Also which engine is a better starting point for someone that would like to upgrade the intake and exhaust without changing the cam?

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1k5 View Post
    I saw dyno results that show the 01+ LS1 has more torque and horsepower lower in the rpm range than the earlier LS1 even though the cam is more mild. Is this due entirely to the LS6 intake and will the pre 01 LS1 be even better than 01+ with a LS6 intake because of the better cam? Also which engine is a better starting point for someone that would like to upgrade the intake and exhaust without changing the cam?
    i guess if all ur gonna do is boltons than get a 98-2000 model. u will save some money and once ur all done with all the boltons including the ls6 intake, u will be up by maybe 10hp or 15 tops compared to a 01-02 but i am newer to the ls1 world than some other people on here so if anyone else can chime in than please do.

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ls1k5 View Post
    are those general dyno results or 1 car from each category. i know personaly the ls6 intake is a big difference as far as the feel of the car but i havent dynoed my car since then either so i dont really have a comparison to give you. but a used ls6 intake is about $300. whereas on a bolton car that raises the price of mods 300. in my case the cars i came across most were 2000s i found an 02 but it was alot more price wise, because it was really low miles. so i ended up with a 2000. from the sound of things you might wanna take into consideration the price of the car with the price of the mods. if y ou find for example an 01 z28 and a 00 z28 and both are the same price and similar condition i would go for the 01 just to keep from doing the swap. but if the 00 is considerably cheaper the intake is only $300.

Thread Information