white/blue
    '99 30th Anniversary T/A

Please Help...Need Fuel Pump Connector Identification

Hi everyone...

I have a garage kept low mileage '99 30th Anniversary Trans Am that I bought new. The fuel pump is technically new (installed in 2007 at the dealer under extended warranty) but the car has been sitting for several years with a full tank of recent non-ethanol fuel and the pump is stuck. I added several bottles of Techron, Seafoam, and B12 Chemtool and let it sit for the last year or so to try to "soak" the pump to "unstick" it. No dice. I got under the car and beat on the center of the fuel tank last week with a mallet as hard as I could a few hundred times. This didn't help either. The pump doesn't do anything.

The fuel pump relay is good, the fuel lines are clear, no fuel comes out of the schraeder valve and I hear no pump whine at any time...it doesn't prime. When I jumped the fuel pump relay, the jumper wire got hot so the pump is definitely drawing amperage. The fuel filter is new (the old one wasn't clogged either), and when I jump the relay with the line disconnected at the fuel filter nothing comes out. So, it most probably needs a new pump.

But, before I do that route I want to wire the fuel pump backwards for a few seconds to "unstick" it. It literally has about 3 miles on it. I had a brain tumor and didn't have time to tend to the car back then which is why it sat so long.

Could anyone please tell me which connector of these three located in front of the rear driver's wheel is for the fuel pump? And, on the fuel pump connector itself, which wire is ground and which is the 12v feed line?

I used to have all this saved before I got sick but the pages I had saved no longer work.

Thanks everybody!
    Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Glad to help if I can, I sent you a PM.
    ATI Procharger, SFCs, Y-pipe, LM2, BBK Shorty Headers, Corvette N73 Magnesium Wheels, 4th Circle Designs Stripe and Overlay kit

Thread Information