Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Performance throttle body opinions?

Does anyone have any opinions on performance throttle bodies that will fit a cable driven (Not drive by wire) LS with an LS6 intake?

I plan on getting at tune for my mods in my sig', figure might as well add a simple TB to boot.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Still running the stocker on our car. From everything I have read, Nick Williams seems to be the way to go. Not sure that they offer one for a stock manifold though.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I'm not seeing your sig...?

I got mine from Shaner, but not sure if he's still doing 'em... I like it, though.
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    I'm not seeing your sig...?

I got mine from Shaner, but not sure if he's still doing 'em... I like it, though.
    What the hell? Why does my sig show up in some posts, and not others?

SLP lid and belows, Kooks emissions lt headers and catted y pipe, Magnaflow cat back, Walbrough 255 fuel pump.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Unless your going to upgrade to a larger intake such a fast or msd your better off just porting the stock ls6 intake and your throttle body. The Nick Williams piece is so big your ls6 intake won't make it worth the money.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Unless your going to upgrade to a larger intake such a fast or msd your better off just porting the stock ls6 intake and your throttle body. The Nick Williams piece is so big your ls6 intake won't make it worth the money.
    I tried to help narrow it down by specifying that it would go on an LS6 intake.

I know it wont be a mega power jump but I know my air intake is less restrictive than factory, and my exhaust is less restrictive as well, so I want to help fatten ip what is under the curve.

I really didnt think I would go much bigger, if at all but knew there have been 78mm's offered in the market. I just don't know if porting the stock TB is something the average speed shop would be proficient at, or if a supplier, or even which supplier, is the better choice.

If I remember right, there is some work that can be done to make the throttle blade fully open (90'), that the factory setup doesn't do as well.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ All you do is file back the throttle stop to ensure that the blade is parallel to the bore at WOT. I had to remove a bit of material from our TB to accomplish this. Just be careful not to over do it.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    ^^ All you do is file back the throttle stop to ensure that the blade is parallel to the bore at WOT. I had to remove a bit of material from our TB to accomplish this. Just be careful not to over do it.
    As a follow up to what you have said, does the TPS need any recalibration when that happens, or does the program have that ohmage mapped out?
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    L76 6.0L block, PRC Ported 243 heads, Texas Speed 224R cam.
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    415 rwhp

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Nope. Just be careful not to get any filings in the T/B if you do it off the car.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

I did a FAST 92 with a polished Nick Williams 92...I think it all cost me 1100 dollars but definitely worth it in my opinion. I will probably send the intake off to get ported when I do heads and cam in a few months
    98' Trans AM RIP

00' WS6/Black/Pacesetter LT's/Magnaflow Exhaust/SLP lid/Nick Williams 92mm TB/FAST 92 Intake/BMR Strut Tower Brace/BMR Rear LCA's/BMR Panhard Bar

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by 1998 T/A View Post
    I did a FAST 92 with a polished Nick Williams 92...I think it all cost me 1100 dollars but definitely worth it in my opinion. I will probably send the intake off to get ported when I do heads and cam in a few months
    If I should ever realise my dream and find an inexpensive LS3 or LS7 short block (aluminum, not the iron truck 6.0's bored out, or the LS7 destroked to 3.66) and what I need to make it go, I MIGHT spend $1,100 on an intake and TB. I am nowhere need that much flow ATM, or the near future.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

If I ever got my hands on an LS7, I'd also need to find a 1970 A-Body and a T56 Magnum to install it in.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    If I ever got my hands on an LS7, I'd also need to find a 1970 A-Body and a T56 Magnum to install it in.
    I've seen new, bare blocks offered for abou$2,500. I figure I would need about a $6,500 budget or so for the whole "destroker" but I am not quite there.

Thread Information