Red
    1999 Camaro SS(LS6 Swap)

Are PACE Setter headers anygood?

PACE Setter headers anygood? I know they are alot cheaper then other brands but are they good for the money? thanks for your help!!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yes they are

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Camaro Z28

I have had them for 4 years, put down 465rwhp N/A with them on my current setup with a forged 348ci motor heads and cam motor. They are the best for the money you can get!!! Save money here, buy something else to help your car with what you save, or spend an assload on other headers, and not have anything left over to play with. I think they are a great deal!

Pewter
    2000 Formula 6spd

Does anyone have dyno numbers for their pacesetter headers?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by moez28 View Post
    I have had them for 4 years, put down 465rwhp N/A with them on my current setup with a forged 348ci motor heads and cam motor. They are the best for the money you can get!!! Save money here, buy something else to help your car with what you save, or spend an assload on other headers, and not have anything left over to play with. I think they are a great deal!
    what heads do you have and what's the specs on your cam? Those are great N/A numbers.

I've ran pacesetter for a couple of years and I'd have a really hard time finding any reason for someone not to buy a set. Maybe the Y-pipe. That's probably the only weak link of the whole set up.

Pewter
    2000 Formula 6spd

what about adding a TSP y-pipe those are cheap

Red
    2000 WS6 M6

I ran some pacesetter shorties on my '97 K1500. The flanges warped about 4 months after install and would not seal anymore. SOTP meter indicated a significant loss of low end power as well. Not sure how those compare to the F-body headers though.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by StylesMcKnob View Post
    Does anyone have dyno numbers for their pacesetter headers?
    hahaha, MC Pee Pants avatar...

ATHF, ftw...

Pewter
    2000 Formula 6spd

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    hahaha, MC Pee Pants avatar...

ATHF, ftw...
    Man I'm glad someone noticed that

I NEED CANDY! lol

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    what heads do you have and what's the specs on your cam? Those are great N/A numbers.

I've ran pacesetter for a couple of years and I'd have a really hard time finding any reason for someone not to buy a set. Maybe the Y-pipe. That's probably the only weak link of the whole set up.
    My current cam is a the TREX V2 which specs out at 243.1/249.5 .613/.619 110+2 LSA. The heads are Stock 853 cast heads that Lingenfelter CNC ported back in like 2000with an old program. They had flow numbers for them as they were then and they only flowed like 290cfm at .600 lift. Since then, they have gotten 2.02 intake and 1.575exhaust valves, which they were flowed with, a 3 angle race valve job with the intake valves backcut, and one of my friends who is a local head porter and does excellent work, cleaned up around the valve seats and took out a little excess material there. I would assume they flow around 300cfm at .600 lift now, hopefully. They have been milled .070" to get my compression around 11.2:1 with my forged Mahle pistons that have -4cc valve reliefs. The intake runner size is 228cc and the exhaust runner is 85cc. I bought these heads off another user on LS1tech, bare for $150. He took them off his road racing corvette and put AFR's on it, and didnt know these heads were Lingefelter. I didnt know either until I saw a stamp on the front of one after they were hot tanked, and called LPE. 465 rwhp was done with no dyno tricks, all boltons except EWP, FAST 90/90, and through a stock rear with a 4.10 gear. Thanks for the compliments! I like to peak power, but now I am looking to change cams to get more streetable and more usable power. The TREX isnt the best street cam, nor the most friendly to drive, and I have in my opinion, the best tuner you can find! I am looking for a G5X2 on a 112 LSA if anyone has one they would want to sell!

Thread Information